I have a company issued 9530 on BES. And my company just updated their settings by requiring all of their devices to automatically lock after 2 minutes of no use or once it is cradled. And the password requirements are quite long, thus making it nearly impossible to unlock while driving. Is there any way around this?

Also has anyone had any success installing a new OS on a BES device? I have tried a couple of times, but can never upgrade.

Any help would be great appreciated.
    04-30-09 09:30 AM
    The BES admin pushed a policy to your phone that restricts it. It can't be changed.
    04-30-09 09:35 AM
    I have a company issued 9530 on BES. And my company just updated their settings by requiring all of their devices to automatically lock after 2 minutes of no use or once it is cradled. And the password requirements are quite long, thus making it nearly impossible to unlock while driving. Is there any way around this?

Also has anyone had any success installing a new OS on a BES device? I have tried a couple of times, but can never upgrade.

Any help would be great appreciated.
    You can not override the BES settings. You can install new OS's in the phone, this will erase the IT policy from your BES, however to get your work email, contacts and calendar from work you will need to reactivate on the BES either by enterprise activation OTA or by connecting to a work PC, open DM and then connect your phone to the PC via the USB. This will push ALL I.T. policies back on to the phone.
    04-30-09 09:52 AM
    yeah we're on a bes and my pw is only 4 char long but makes it almost impossible to unlock during driving

no way around it
    04-30-09 09:58 AM
    My company also has a BES which forces handset locking after a few minutes. However I have found you can still initiate voice calls while the handset is locked, using a bluetooth headset and voice dialing. You must ensure the headset has connected with the handset before it locks, but after that it works fine.

Hope that helps.
    08-20-10 06:47 AM
    there is an app on the Blackberry apps site called unlockit that will, with one button, automatically unlock a blackberry that has IT-enabled password protection. What drives me crazy is that it won't work on my 8830 but it works on a BB Tour.
    11-04-10 03:04 PM
    Overriding the IT Policy is a good way to separate yourself from your employment.
    11-04-10 05:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD