Just today as I sit in the bright sunlight, I noticed that I have 2 cracks in the plastic on my otter box case. I'm guessing they're from stress from the phone fitting very snug in it. I have never dropped/abused the case in any way. What is even more odd is that one is at the top of the screen (landscape mode, bb buttons to the right), as I hardly even touch that part. The other is at the top part of the earpiece. Anybody else finding their "tank" in deteriorating condition?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-08-09 12:31 PM
    Just today as I sit in the bright sunlight, I noticed that I have 2 cracks in the plastic on my otter box case. I'm guessing they're from stress from the phone fitting very snug in it. I have never dropped/abused the case in any way. What is even more odd is that one is at the top of the screen (landscape mode, bb buttons to the right), as I hardly even touch that part. The other is at the top part of the earpiece. Anybody else finding their "tank" in deteriorating condition?

Maybe the thing did it's job. You couldve against it on your hip or sat on it and didnt realize it. Atleast it's not your Storm screen. In any case I would contact Otterbox about it.
    04-08-09 03:42 PM

I have the exact same issue on BOTH of my Otterbox cases. Both of them have the same type of cracks in the same area as you describe. Never dropped or compressed. No abuse or damage to the case either.

I'm waiting to see what Otterbox says.
    07-24-09 10:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD