I am new with my storm... only 3 days old here lol....on the computer you can set your settings for spam mail... is there settings on the storm for spam mail?. Also.. is there a setting so that if you delete the email on the computer that it will delete it from my storm??? I see I can delete both from my storm, but most of the time I check my email from the computer and it is a pain to have to "redelete" from my storm.
    Thanks everyone!!
    01-21-09 06:41 AM
    If you set your settings on your computer you shouldn't receive spam on your Storm. As far as deleting from both at once. I don't think you can.
    01-21-09 06:51 AM
    Not sure what email client you use but in outlook there is a setting �remove from server when deleted from deleted items� this works fine for me on yahoo.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-21-09 06:55 AM
    I am new with my storm... only 3 days old here lol....on the computer you can set your settings for spam mail... is there settings on the storm for spam mail?. Also.. is there a setting so that if you delete the email on the computer that it will delete it from my storm??? I see I can delete both from my storm, but most of the time I check my email from the computer and it is a pain to have to "redelete" from my storm.
    Thanks everyone!!
    In regards to Spam....there are no spam filters on the BB. It will forward whatever makes it into your inbox. You have to have Spam filtering offered by your email provider. IF AOL is bad with Spam, open a free Yahoo or Gmail account as they are both really good with Spam. then auto-forward your AOL email to the new account and check that one on the BB.

As for deleting the email on your PC....make sure your BB email connection is set for IMAP (not POP) and that AOL supports it. You best bet for this happening is IMAP email. that said, it is FAR from perfect. I have a couple email accounts where it works fine but the majority of mine (including my Gmail and Yahoo accounts) do not update the BB mail. Think of it this way....having a BB allows for your incoming mail to forward to your phone. But, the process is just email forwarding down to the phone. It is not enhanced enough (yet?) to be 2-way syncing. The email deletes on the PC (the email server actually) because the BB sends a delete command, just like other email clients can. Frankly I have just gotten used to only going to the website on the PC if I need to compose a long response. If you get in the habit of doing most email on the BB you will find it less difficult and annoying.
    01-21-09 08:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD