I was wondering if there were any applications or any other ways to get turn by turn navigation on the storm besides VZ Navigator?? I'd rather pay one fee since i would only use it occasionally instead of $10 a month
    11-25-08 03:58 PM
    Blackberry Maps is preloaded. Under applications (not Application center).
    Last edited by alabamr; 11-25-08 at 04:08 PM.
    11-25-08 04:06 PM
    i know that Garmin has a mobile phone product but at this time they don't have an option for the Storm. once they have support for the storm that may be your best bet for turn by turn.
    11-25-08 04:06 PM
    I've heard nav4all works fine on the storm and its free. However, it is not storm-optimized so it's somewhat hard to navigate through
    11-25-08 04:07 PM
    I can't get bb maps to even locate a damn satellite. It sucks.
    11-25-08 04:17 PM
    I can't get bb maps to even locate a damn satellite. It sucks.
    Had the same problem. Go to Options> Advanced Options> GPS> then change the GPS Services to "Location On".

That fixed that issue for me.
    11-25-08 04:21 PM
    I never could either untill i updated to 4.5 OS
    it was a glitch in the software for my carrier, possibly same for you
    11-25-08 05:13 PM
    I was wondering if there were any applications or any other ways to get turn by turn navigation on the storm besides VZ Navigator?? I'd rather pay one fee since i would only use it occasionally instead of $10 a month
    You can get VZ Navigator on a day by day charge instead of doing the monthly fee if you just use it occasionally.
    11-25-08 05:29 PM
    Had the same problem. Go to Options> Advanced Options> GPS> then change the GPS Services to "Location On".

That fixed that issue for me.
    That's how I've got it set but still can't locate a satellite.
    11-25-08 05:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD