alright so i heard the ota update is avalable, is this correct? and if so how long does it take start to finish to update, does it take just as long when doing it through the destop manager. cause it is slow as balls to upgrade my pearl, takes like an hour
    12-08-08 09:25 AM
    I did mine via the DM. It took no longer than 15 minutes at the longest. I heard it could take anywhere from 20 min to 2 hours via OTA.
    12-08-08 09:39 AM
    alright so i heard the ota update is avalable, is this correct? and if so how long does it take start to finish to update, does it take just as long when doing it through the destop manager. cause it is slow as balls to upgrade my pearl, takes like an hour
    once the update was done downloading OTA it took about 20 min to install on my girlfriends storm. (this is not including the time it took to download the update, i didn't time that, it will vary depending on your location with data speeds)

it took about the same for me to do it via desktop manager.
    12-08-08 09:42 AM
    took me about 10 minutes to download OTA (you can still use sms/email during that time, not sure about browser or phone, i didn't try), then 20 minutes to install (unable to use any features during that time).
    12-08-08 10:17 AM
    Mine took almost 45 minutes OTA.
    12-08-08 10:37 AM
    I was in the Elmhurst, IL area when I did my update and overall it took about 25 minutes (not including the initial upgrade request).
    12-08-08 10:43 AM
    thanks guys, seems like the storm is deff alot fast than my pearl
    12-08-08 02:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD