Hey everyone,

Havent seen it posted, so here goes. I (along with many of you) have the "unofficial" .75 VZW OS on my Storm. When the official version is released today, do you think we will be able to upgrade to that one or will it recognize we already have .75 and not issue the update? I ask because I am thinking that this new .75 might be a tad better than the one we have. I could be wrong, but hey, a guy can dream, right? What do you all think?

Thanks!
    12-05-08 09:07 AM
    I believe that you would have to go back to .65 and then the " official" .75. Have no clue if its gonna be better ot not. I have no idea how to revert back to .65?
    12-05-08 09:40 AM
    Vzn will make their update available at noon OTA. Nothing indicates it will be .75 It may be, it may be named something else. If it is .75, then you already have it and nothing will be updated. If it's something else, you'll get the update and it will install....
    12-05-08 09:41 AM
    Yeah, if VZWs version is .75...its the same thing you have...thats just software versioning...If they change something from the .75 you have, then they rebuild it and it becomes .76...etc...

So if VZWs release is on .75 and you installed the leak, you can sit back...if its higher than .75 that means things were changed from the leak and you can upgrade to it.
    12-05-08 09:47 AM
    Email from a corp VZW rep says...

The first Software Update for the BlackBerry Storm launches Friday, December 5th. The new software version is v4.7.0.75 (Platform 4.0.0.94). This release provides several enhancements to Storm customers:
    pretty much the same feature/fix list that was already posted. and is the same as the leaked version.

It further says

By 12pm today, RIM's webupdate page should be updated, and OTA update should start working for some.

The vzam.net/blackberry site should have it for download by 6pm
    12-05-08 09:54 AM
    Well, we'll all know in 45 minutes or so!
    12-05-08 10:14 AM
    To revert back to .65 you have to use desktop manager. You select update. Then, if you have installed .75 it will show two versions of 4.7. One says .75 and the other says .65 (preferred). Select that one. Then It will say there is no update available, or something like that. (sorry my phone is currently loading back to .65). Well, then it will let you select what applications you want to add or delete. 4.7 os files are grayed out. And if you notice on the right it tells you what it is doing with it. Mine says downgrade. As well as some of the other items below it. Well, if you continue it will backup your phone automatically(as it states), will downgrade, and restore your phone. This was confusing at first but I just went with it and noticed the downgrade notification only when I got to the add/remove applications area. It says there is no update available because it isn't upgrading, but downgrading.
    Hope this helped. Here goes nothing,.
    Cheers.
    12-05-08 10:17 AM
    It worked!! Hooorah.
    12-05-08 10:24 AM
    It worked!! Hooorah.
    And now you are planning on upgrading to the Official .75 at noon, correct? I might do that, just to have the sanctioned version by VZW .
    12-05-08 10:28 AM
    Are you guys thinking VZ snuck some new features into .75, and didnt tell anyone? and never bothered to increase their build revision numbers?

why would you do all of this if you already have .75?
    12-05-08 10:40 AM
    I know it doesn't mean much but I got a follow up phone call from verizon a few days ago asking me how I was doing with the storm and if I had any questions, so the first thing I asked was when a software update would be available and what revision it would be. Without any hesitation the guys said it would be .76 and said it would be out very soon. take that for what its worth but like you said stang we can only dream lol. Honestly I haven't had many problems with mine even on .65.

CM
    12-05-08 10:41 AM
    To revert back to .65 you have to use desktop manager. You select update. Then, if you have installed .75 it will show two versions of 4.7. One says .75 and the other says .65 (preferred). Select that one. Then It will say there is no update available, or something like that. (sorry my phone is currently loading back to .65). Well, then it will let you select what applications you want to add or delete. 4.7 os files are grayed out. And if you notice on the right it tells you what it is doing with it. Mine says downgrade. As well as some of the other items below it. Well, if you continue it will backup your phone automatically(as it states), will downgrade, and restore your phone. This was confusing at first but I just went with it and noticed the downgrade notification only when I got to the add/remove applications area. It says there is no update available because it isn't upgrading, but downgrading.
    Hope this helped. Here goes nothing,.
    Cheers.
    OK...I upgraded to the leaked .75. I tried to follow your directions to revert back to .65, but when I go to update through DM, it doesn't give me the choice of .75 or .65. Any idea why?
    12-05-08 10:41 AM
    Hey everyone,

Havent seen it posted, so here goes. I (along with many of you) have the "unofficial" .75 VZW OS on my Storm. When the official version is released today, do you think we will be able to upgrade to that one or will it recognize we already have .75 and not issue the update? I ask because I am thinking that this new .75 might be a tad better than the one we have. I could be wrong, but hey, a guy can dream, right? What do you all think?

Thanks!
    Stang I believe most people are using .76. But no theres no difference between the leaked .75 and the Official .75 except one being named Official.
    12-05-08 10:47 AM
    OK...I upgraded to the leaked .75. I tried to follow your directions to revert back to .65, but when I go to update through DM, it doesn't give me the choice of .75 or .65. Any idea why?
    Sorry this is off topic but did you goto Butler highschool?
    12-05-08 10:49 AM
    Its 12:12. Where is the update?
    12-05-08 11:12 AM
    Stang I believe most people are using .76. But no theres no difference between the leaked .75 and the Official .75 except one being named Official.
    Hmm... .76? I have been seeing things about that, but thats for Voda, right? Idk if I want to deal with the deleting of Vendor Files, etc. Is it that big of a difference?
    12-05-08 11:31 AM
    I went to Butler High School in Ohio...
    12-05-08 11:52 AM
    12:53.. Wheres the OTA?
    12-05-08 11:53 AM
    im really confused. im pretty new to the crackberry world. haha but i DLed a upgrade last sunday and i've been running v4.7.0.75 (platform 4.0.0.94). it definitely wasnt the leaked version cause i went to the blackberry.com site and checked for an upgrade. hooked up my blackberry to my laptop and did the upgrade. damn i feel so confused. so did i upgrade to the "official" .75 sorry if this is confusing.
    12-05-08 12:03 PM
    Why yes I did...LOL!
    12-05-08 01:26 PM
    I went to butler also class of 98

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-05-08 01:34 PM
    I'm just gonna wait for the Verizon "Official" update but if it is still .75 then its just the same as the leaked version.

If that is the case, I will updgrade to the
    .76 that was released for Bell.
    12-05-08 01:54 PM
    I'm just gonna wait for the Verizon "Official" update but if it is still .75 then its just the same as the leaked version.

If that is the case, I will updgrade to the
    .76 that was released for Bell.
    Good move... The OS numbers are not made by VZW they are made by RIM so if you are at .75 then you are at .75. If VZW releases .75 I would go to .76 as it is the newest release that will work on our phones. (and from my experience the most stable)
    12-05-08 02:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD