I currently have a Samsung sch-i760 running windows mobile 6

I dont like the user interface, and its slow when bringing up apps, rotating the screen, opening the camera...ect, and trying to type on the screen is next to impossible. I had to purchase a calendar/PIM because the one on the form was so bad. The OS is kind of clunky and hard to navigate.

Anybody else used the sch-i760, and now the Storm? if so, are you happier with the Storms usability? What about the calendar/pda app?

Thanks
    12-09-08 10:36 PM
    windows mobile is a either love it or hate it type deal. Chances are if you do not it you won't like it on any device...

that being said..

windows mobile keeps you in a familiar setting instead of learning something new.

So if you haven't touched any blackberry you are going to be frustrated for a couple days..

once its learned for my personal use I would probably never use a win mobile phone over a blackberry any blackberry.

heck I chose a iPhone for a while.. which wasn't horrid but was missing things I wanted.

my personal impression of winmo is that its HORRID.. others may disagree. If you laid a 500 dollar blackberry in front of me and a FREE winmo phone and gave me a choice I would still take the blackberry.

Hope this helps.
    12-09-08 10:43 PM
    That is helpful, thanks.

On the WindowsMobile touch-screen phone many of the selections require a stylus, because they are just to small to select with your finger. Does the Storm avoid this problem by keeping the buttons and other selection large enough to press with your finger?

What about the calendar app, is it ok? Will it sync with outlook, or do you sync it to a blackberry pim/calendar app on the pc? Or do most people buy a better pim/calendar program like they do on windows mobile phones?

finally, Im not familiar with the blackberries, can you purchase applications like you can on a windows device, and is a straightforward install process like it is on a windows device?

thanks!
    12-09-08 11:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD