Lets keep it all here.

Those of us who haven't got the Storm yet, and are on the bridge to get it or not, your initial feedback will help ALOT with decision making.

What has changed, and is the performance of the phone noticeably better?

Please address the issues that were spoke of .65

How is it running? And were the bugs and glitches addressed?

Your feedback is apperciated!!!

Here is a link to the initial Leaked OS thread. .75 now available to download here. Special thanks to Don!
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/os-...5-leak-105593/

Here is a video showing a run through with .75 installed.

Here is one more video showing the .65 OS, compared side by side with the .75 OS.

Hope this helps everyone out as much as it did me! Thanks those who made these great vids!
    Last edited by LetMeClearMyThroat; 11-30-08 at 11:37 AM.
    11-29-08 11:18 PM
    Performance is noticably better. Camera loads ready to take a photo in about 2 and a half seconds, and the controls change instantly when you change orientation.
    11-29-08 11:28 PM
    i have 2 bb storms (one is my gf's) i did the update on mine and compared it with hers for a min. so far i can noticeably tell that the Accelerometer is faster. i have yet to try anything else because i'm exhausted, sick and need rest...reading on these forums the past few days has worn me out
    good night guys, i'll report more back in the morning if someone else hasn't done so already!
    11-29-08 11:29 PM
    Google maps is much quicker, too. Moving across a map isn't nearly as laggy or choppy. BB Maps, I can't say the same for. Still quite choppy with rendering maps and moving across them.
    11-29-08 11:33 PM
    Performance is noticably better. Camera loads ready to take a photo in about 2 and a half seconds, and the controls change instantly when you change orientation.
    i 2nd that, i just checked it. no lag anymore when switching from portrait to landscape mode in the camera. the camera itself still lags from what i can tell, but its dark in here right now since my girlfriend is sleeping.
    11-29-08 11:33 PM
    should link to the leak thread also
    11-29-08 11:34 PM
    i 2nd that, i just checked it. no lag anymore when switching from portrait to landscape mode in the camera. the camera itself still lags from what i can tell, but its dark in here right now since my girlfriend is sleeping.
    pics or you're lying
    11-29-08 11:34 PM
    Google maps is much quicker, too. Moving across a map isn't nearly as laggy or choppy. BB Maps, I can't say the same for. Still quite choppy with rendering maps and moving across them.
    Google maps really isnt working for the storm correct? the map is live but the actual gps tracking is yet to work. i HOPE that GOOGLE port over the Interactive GOOGLE map from the Ipod Touch series. We storm users need it !
    11-29-08 11:35 PM
    pics or you're lying
    lol, nice don...nice way to be "that" guy haha

i'd take pics, but i'd be afraid they might leak

thanks again for the leak!
    Last edited by insanely; 11-29-08 at 11:38 PM.
    11-29-08 11:36 PM
    GMaps has worked pretty well for me. Yes, it doesn't exactly pinpoint where you are - it only gives you an ~800m estimate, but it still gives me directions from point A to point B quite well. The lack of pinpoint accuracy is more a result of the GPS not being completely unlocked.
    11-29-08 11:37 PM
    hmm my bb browser and app center disappeared. says something about my service books. anyone know how to fix??
    11-29-08 11:39 PM
    Rev0lver, can you post the OTA link to gmaps
    11-29-08 11:41 PM
    Put link up for download.

Thanks again don!
    m.google.com/maps
    hmm my bb browser and app center disappeared. says something about my service books. anyone know how to fix??
    i'm not sure, but try either re-loading the update or if you have a e-mail linked from https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw <--there then you might be able to do the "send service books" i am not sure if that will help or not.
    Have you tried a bat pull? Mine are still there but I also restarted my phone right when the update was done. Also try DM.
    11-29-08 11:42 PM
    perfect, thanks!!
    11-29-08 11:44 PM
    Can we keep this on topic. I'm not trying to be an asshat, but this is probably going to be the most popular topic on this sub-forum for the next week and having 50 posts of general questions aren't going to help others find out how well or sh1tty the new OS is running.
    11-29-08 11:48 PM
    Can we keep this on topic. I'm not trying to be an asshat, but this is probably going to be the most popular topic on this sub-forum for the next week and having 50 posts of general questions aren't going to help others find out how well or sh1tty the new OS is running.
    Yeah!

I would really like to hear everyones impressions of the OS.
    11-29-08 11:49 PM
    same to me, but that cause i wasnt connected to verizon. after update....goto manage connections...turn on mobile network...with verizon...browser poped up
    11-29-08 11:51 PM
    but now the light keeps blinking green every second..how do i turn that off!
    11-29-08 11:52 PM
    any by the way...with update....im running super fast smooth, feels much better...from switching screen around(fast) scrolling not as laggy(real time) everything seems faster. feels brand new! good start
    11-29-08 11:54 PM
    any by the way...with update....im running super fast smooth, feels much better...from switching screen around(fast) scrolling not as laggy(real time) everything seems faster. feels brand new! good start
    Thank you!!!!
    11-29-08 11:55 PM
    its all a lot faster!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    11-29-08 11:59 PM
375 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD