Hi there, my name's Brian.

Never posted here but once I got the storm 8-9 months ago I started coming to the site a lot more. It's great to be able to find everything you want here and totally love the site. I'm hoping you guys can also help me with a issue i'm having with my storm.

I plugged the storm (9530) into a usb port and am upgrading to the new OS via desktop manager. All was working fine and it was doing it's thing but seems to be stuck now.

It's at loading app modules and trying to load module "slacker_radio.cod" but it's really been sitting there for a while now. I'm not sure what to do because I don't want to screw up the upgrade or delete all my data but how do I stop the upgrade and try starting it over again? Even though it'd be a real pain in the *** i'll delete slacker and redownload it later.

Thanks for your help

Brian
    10-27-09 01:49 PM
    it didn't freeze while I was loading my phone it took almost an hour and a half but if you are like me and have a lot of stuff on your phone it does seem like it freezes Verizon just released the update yesterday.
    Last edited by rsolmn; 10-27-09 at 01:57 PM.
    10-27-09 01:54 PM
    The update took that long using your pc? I know it takes that long downloading it with the storm if you don't use a pc but even if you do?

Slacker took a while?
    10-27-09 01:56 PM
    How long is a while?
    10-27-09 01:58 PM
    Yes for me it did slacker wants to download all your radio content

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-27-09 02:00 PM
    It's 3pm est so I started the update about.....20-30min ago.

I know it takes a while to update and it's my first time updating via desktop manager but other big programs went faster. Guess i'm just worried with the problems i've already had with the storm...always expect something to go wrong with it :/
    10-27-09 02:02 PM
    Just came home and it's still stuck at the same exact point it was at at 3pm.

I can let it work for another hr but after that i'll have to try it from another pc because i'll be leaving my house.

If I do have to end the update prematurely how do I go about doing that?
    10-27-09 03:45 PM
    Unplug it and try it from the loader instead of DM.

What problems have you had with the storm that you say you're expecting something to go wrong?
    10-27-09 04:03 PM
    Connecting it to my pc sometimes vista comes up with a msg that the usb device I connected is damaged and asks me if I want to run a scan to fix it. It doesn't always happen but it did before. Had to disconnect and reconnect a few times before it finally recognized it as the storm and not some unknown device.

I know it's not my pc or the ports themselves as I regularly have a gamepad and removable hard drive connected to those ports.
    10-27-09 04:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD