alright so i have threaded messaging on my storm 9530 and i was looking at one of my txt convos and scrolling up and it was getting kind of complicated cause i was trying to access a message from about two weeks ago but i txt so much after about 5 minutes i was only up to maybe 3 days ago. Is there a way i can organize my txts like bbm has it where its in a folder marked person and followed by date ? this would make my life so much easier.
    06-04-10 03:27 AM
    alright so i have threaded messaging on my storm 9530 and i was looking at one of my txt convos and scrolling up and it was getting kind of complicated cause i was trying to access a message from about two weeks ago but i txt so much after about 5 minutes i was only up to maybe 3 days ago. Is there a way i can organize my txts like bbm has it where its in a folder marked person and followed by date ? this would make my life so much easier.
    I don't know if this is what you're getting at, but with the latest BBM, you can add an SMS number as a BBM contact. You can then access that contact through your BBM contact list and start/continue conversations just as you would any other BBM contact. Obviously, it still counts as an SMS message for billing purposes.

Hope that helps.
    06-04-10 09:42 AM
    alright i just added the contact but although the name is now in my bbm contact list you cant search through the history as you can in bbm. what i want to do is look through my txt history by day rather then scrolling up for hours at a time just to find something
    06-04-10 10:43 AM
    Since it is threaded I don't think you can search by day. You also need to remember that since it is one huge thread after awhile messages will be removed.
    06-04-10 10:48 AM
    Leon, I misread your post. i thought your difficulty was in picking up from where you left on a chat with a specific contact because you had so many sms converstations going at a time.

That's what I get for skimming.

In any case, it is working the same way it does for BBM contacts. if you scroll to the contact name - NOT THE CHAT, but the actual contact - you can press the BB button and click on view history. It will be sorted by date there. I just tested it and know it works.

However, it will only pick up new history (from when you added the contact, forward), it won't scan and grab old history. Also, you have to be sure you enable history backups in your BBM options.

Hope it helps. Let us know how it works for you.
    06-04-10 11:59 AM
    thanks alot this will make my life so much easier
    06-04-10 04:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD