how does this work? some guy said that he ordered it and picked the plan and everything and was charged 199 for the phone. When he got it with the receipt it said he had to call from his house phone and set up his phone, he did and they told him he didnt have an account. So basically he got the phone for 199 with no service. Does this always happen or was it a mistake?
    12-02-08 09:56 PM
    I ordered from them when it was $149. They had technical issues syncing with Verizon so they had me call direct. But yea, essentially the same as having the phone with no service commitment. It looks like they fixed the glitch however.
    12-02-08 10:01 PM
    I've ordered from Amazon before. Sometimes I think the account details are not perfectly communicated but the service provider always finishes my setup. Its never a big deal. However, if Amazon checks 6 months down the road and he hasn't maintained the service he could get that $250 chargeback.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-02-08 10:03 PM
    I was wondering myself how that works? So do they do the credit checks and everything?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-02-08 11:43 PM
    i posted a thread about this yesterday... i too ordered my storm when it was 149 Release day.. well i got my storm the day before thanksgiving and those idiots messed up big time, forgot to scan the ESN number on the box, and it was only until today morning that my phone was activated... well 1 week and 10 calls later.. their ACTIVATION DEPT is not reachable unless its by email , and they work out of a "QUE" there was no supervisor who could help speed up the process... thats just the watered down version of my story... it was really a bad experience and i probably no matter what will ever purchase a phone from them again no matter the price
    12-03-08 12:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD