I ordered my Storm at 8AM on the release date (Nov. 21). I have yet to receive it, called 6 times (using different numbers) and I have yet to find out where the heck my phone is.

I called the Monday following and they said "2 days". Never came. Called that day they said "ran out, you'll have to wait". Called again "it's processing in the warehouse".

I'm really ticked off. They took my money on the 24th and haven't even given me a tracking number and they say they won't.

I'm not a happy person.
    12-03-08 10:06 PM
    i feel you, man.
    i ordered the morning of the 21st and they LOST the damn order.
    had to order from a corp store the following tuesday.
    told me they would have the tracking number in a few days and that i'd have my phone some time around the 5th.
    not a word.
    i know it's not the 5th yet, but i'm still pissed.
    verizon really dropped the ball on this, and i mean REALLY.
    12-03-08 10:11 PM
    If you ordered it on 11/21 to have shipped directly to you and haven't received it, there was something wrong with your order that is holding it up. All valid orders from 11/21 have shipped.
    12-03-08 10:12 PM
    Are you from the Northeast? I'm from NJ and have yet to receive mine. I've read a few other posts on here from people in NY/NJ/CT that are in the same boat.

The longer I wait, and the more posts I read, the stronger the case to make a move away from VZ....this rollout has really damaged both RIM and VZ's corporate image.
    Last edited by PeteyPete; 12-03-08 at 10:16 PM.
    12-03-08 10:14 PM
    If you ordered it on 11/21 to have shipped directly to you and haven't received it, there was something wrong with your order that is holding it up. All valid orders from 11/21 have shipped.
    They said they received the order but it hasn't shipped yet. Just got off the phone and they said "best case Friday, worst case Monday". But I have no tracking number whatsoever. I bought it on the release date! Why didn't it ship when it was supposed to?

I don't think the order is messed up because they did good enough to take my money
    12-03-08 10:14 PM
    Are you from the Northeast? I'm from NJ and have yet to receive mine. I've read a few other posts on here from people in NY/NJ/CT that are in the same boat.
    Yesssss, Upstate NY!
    12-03-08 10:15 PM
    Yesssss, Upstate NY!
    westchester county NY, here.
    verizon must have something against us.
    12-03-08 10:17 PM
    i ordered november 22nd.. got tracking number on nov.29th, got the phone on monday (dec. 1st) and im from like 35 minutes outside of philadelphia, pa
    12-03-08 10:21 PM
    i ordered november 22nd.. got tracking number on nov.29th, got the phone on monday (dec. 1st) and im from like 35 minutes outside of philadelphia, pa
    You know, that's just not cool.
    12-03-08 10:23 PM
    Me to, I order online @ 1am and im still waiting for my tracking#. im about to call them again and ask them the same questions ive been asking since the 21st.
    when am I getting my tracking#.

Question:
    Do you guys thinks if we call them just for the heck of it and tell them you want to cancel your contract with them so you can go to att/spring or something, they maybe rush your order?
    Last edited by darkreign; 12-03-08 at 10:29 PM.
    12-03-08 10:23 PM
    Me to, I order online @ 1am and im still waiting for my tracking#. im about to call them again and ask them the same questions ive been asking since the 21st.
    when am I getting my tracking#.
    I am wondering one thing. When I ordered I was told I needed to get an accessory pack because I "couldn't get the rebate". Did any of you have something similar?
    12-03-08 10:29 PM
    I am wondering one thing. When I ordered I was told I needed to get an accessory pack because I "couldn't get the rebate". Did any of you have something similar?
    I wasn't told I needed to purchase an accessory pack, but as a VIP customer (lucky me), I was entitled to a 30% discount off all accessories. After they botched my order and it was never processed after my phone call on the 21st, I decided to pull rank and demanded an additional 30% off.....realizing their error, they folded like a cheap suit and I got the double discount on a jawbone 2, car charger, and case.

I did get a "processing order" email on the 26th, but still no phone.
    12-03-08 10:40 PM
    I wasn't told I needed to purchase an accessory pack, but as a VIP customer (lucky me), I was entitled to a 30% discount off all accessories. After they botched my order and it was never processed after my phone call on the 21st, I decided to pull rank and demanded an additional 30% off.....realizing their error, they folded like a cheap suit and I got the double discount on a jawbone 2, car charger, and case.

I did get a "processing order" email on the 26th, but still no phone.
    Well I was thinking that maybe that delayed the orders.
    12-03-08 11:19 PM
    I ordered my Storm at 8AM on the release date (Nov. 21). I have yet to receive it, called 6 times (using different numbers) and I have yet to find out where the heck my phone is.

I called the Monday following and they said "2 days". Never came. Called that day they said "ran out, you'll have to wait". Called again "it's processing in the warehouse".

I'm really ticked off. They took my money on the 24th and haven't even given me a tracking number and they say they won't.

I'm not a happy person.

I hate to say it but theres your problem right there...that order didnt actually get processed till the 24th so chances are, your phone isnt gonna ship till Dec 8th unfortunately. I also ordered mine on the 21st and noticed that my card was charged on the 21st as well, and I received my storm last Wed, a day before thanksgiving. Stay patient if you can, I know its gotta be tough and I most definitely feel for you. Im from Long Island NY so I dont think its a Northeast thing honestly. If I were you, Id call and try to get something outta the deal. After all, you did place your order on release day, its not fair that someone who placed an order a week after you will get their phone shipped out the same time as yours would. Try to get them to give you an account credit, or some sort of accessory etc.
    12-03-08 11:36 PM
    I hate to say it but theres your problem right there...that order didnt actually get processed till the 24th so chances are, your phone isnt gonna ship till Dec 8th unfortunately. I also ordered mine on the 21st and noticed that my card was charged on the 21st as well, and I received my storm last Wed, a day before thanksgiving. Stay patient if you can, I know its gotta be tough and I most definitely feel for you. Im from Long Island NY so I dont think its a Northeast thing honestly. If I were you, Id call and try to get something outta the deal. After all, you did place your order on release day, its not fair that someone who placed an order a week after you will get their phone shipped out the same time as yours would. Try to get them to give you an account credit, or some sort of accessory etc.
    What should I say to get something out of the deal? Ask for a free month of service or what?
    12-04-08 12:03 AM

I'm not a happy person.
    Wow, they must have something against you East coast folks because I ordered mine the same time as you and I got my phone at 10am on 11/22 and I'm in Southern CA.

If I were you, I'd call VZW and demand some type of reimbursement for making you wait so long.
    12-04-08 12:12 AM
    I hate to say it but theres your problem right there...that order didnt actually get processed till the 24th
    Correct. This order is in queue to ship with other orders from the 24th.
    12-04-08 07:13 PM
    Alright, after all this time I have been waiting, since I ordered my phone on the 21st @ 1am, dealing with VZW reps and all, I'm finally getting my phone tomorrow, just received an email with tracking# for tomorrow delivery. THAT'S GREAT.
    12-04-08 09:31 PM
    Wtf?

My Mom [we're on a family plan, lol..] ordered mine for me, via phone, the 21st around 1pm [she was on lunch..] Anyways - mine shipped on Tuesday and arrived on Friday [the day after Thanksgiving]

So I'd call and raise some.. issues.. asking why people who ordered after you, received Storms before you. Cos that, to me, seems like BS on Verizons part [unless you're not verizon.. then nevermind I suppose..]
    12-04-08 10:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD