Can anyone tell me what options that are available to stream/play music from my storm to my car stereo? Its a stock radio without bluetooth. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
    05-09-09 12:40 AM
    What kind of car do you have?
    05-09-09 12:48 AM
    What kind of car doesn't matter. What matters are you stereo inputs. If you have a 3.5mm aux input the best way is to buy a male to male cable and connect your phone in from its headphone jack.
    With no 3.5mm jack you can do it a number of other ways. Most popular is a FM transmitter. You buy a device that connects to your headphone jack and broadcasts a signal your FM radio can pick up.
    I would suggest hitting up a best buy. They will have all your answers.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-09-09 12:54 AM
    What kind of car doesn't matter. What matters are you stereo inputs. If you have a 3.5mm aux input the best way is to buy a male to male cable and connect your phone in from its headphone jack.
    With no 3.5mm jack you can do it a number of other ways. Most popular is a FM transmitter. You buy a device that connects to your headphone jack and broadcasts a signal your FM radio can pick up.
    I would suggest hitting up a best buy. They will have all your answers.

I know that the kind of car does not matter, BUT I would probably be able to tell him/her if they even had the jack due to what kind of car they drive. Sorry for not just telling them the 1st time to look and see if they have a 3.5mm jack or not.
    Last edited by mattmext; 05-09-09 at 01:07 AM. Reason: typo
    05-09-09 01:02 AM
    Can anyone tell me what options that are available to stream/play music from my storm to my car stereo? Its a stock radio without bluetooth. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
    You can get a radio transmitter that has a 3.5mm connection to it and then turn your radio to a station that coinsides with the station on the transmitter. I bought one off of ebay for my Ipod and it has a 3.5mm connection coming off of it that i plug into the bb and it works great!!
    05-09-09 02:13 AM
    I bought one of those FM transmitters and it worked like crap. I had to position my phone just right to hear anything. I just ended up going with a tape deck adapter.

05-09-09 04:20 AM
    Are there any full data / audio connectors available for BB? Would love to be able to control my BB music from the sterio instead of having to look at the phone. Would also be nice to have the song info displayed.

05-09-09 04:30 AM
    Good idea for a new product....need a 3.5mm jack or bluetooth no matter what for control/display functions...I'll bet.
    05-09-09 04:52 AM
    I used a Motorola - MOTOROKR Bluetooth Car Kit for Bluetooth-Enabled Cell Phones and MP3 Players - T505 in my work truck. I actually got spoiled by it, dumping my bt headsets. Of course it was stolen by one of my coworkers.

I'm considering Jabra - Bluetooth Car Speaker for Most Bluetooth-Enabled Cell Phones - Black - SP700 to replace it. Just need a little more info on it and a local store (hate waiting). Would prefer if it were a VZ store since I get 25% off accessories.
    05-09-09 04:52 AM
    I use the aux input on my stereo with a male to male 3.5mm stereo cable. Works great but can't use your stereo controls to control the media player on your Storm.

05-09-09 05:10 AM
    I use a tape deck converter in my van.

05-09-09 09:29 AM
    i have a pioneer 4000ub cd in my car.it has a USB hook up.you can use your data cable and play your BB through that and control it through the stereo.the pioneer deck you can get for about 130 - 150 dollars and its got the headphone jack on it also.
    05-09-09 10:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD