Hey guys, I'm running a Storm 9530, OS 4.7. What should the optimum memory be at? Mine is averaging around 14.29mb. now. Does that sound about right? Should I delete any apps, or do a battery pull?

Thanks, again guys. Appreciate any help or advice.

02-28-09 01:45 PM
    os 4.7??? which one? and I am using .103, my memory averages between 32mb and 40mb.
    02-28-09 01:57 PM
    If you're runnin fine with that much left and the phone isn't laggy, then no prob. I am usually around 20mb myself (have a lot of apps installed).

I usually don't experience lag until I get below 10mb, but then I attribute that more to a high volume of apps all running simultaneously on the cpu moreso than the amount of free memory.
    02-28-09 02:04 PM
    If you're runnin fine with that much left and the phone isn't laggy, then no prob. I am usually around 20mb myself (have a lot of apps installed).

I usually don't experience lag until I get below 10mb, but then I attribute that more to a high volume of apps all running simultaneously on the cpu moreso than the amount of free memory.
    I agree, I have gotten down to 13mb before on certain os's and had no problem at all. Honestly I think people worrying about the memory is just the placebo effect because it is mentioned so much in here. I have heard of cases where people were running fast and smooth with only 0-2mb of app memory.
    02-28-09 02:09 PM
    I agree, I have gotten down to 13mb before on certain os's and had no problem at all. Honestly I think people worrying about the memory is just the placebo effect because it is mentioned so much in here. I have heard of cases where people were running fast and smooth with only 0-2mb of app memory.
    I agree I don't have too many apps and I usually always run between 12 and 30mb w/ no lag problems. If I start to lag then I resort to the pull.
    02-28-09 02:12 PM
    os 4.7??? which one? and I am using .103, my memory averages between 32mb and 40mb.
    I'm using 4.7.0.75
    02-28-09 02:33 PM
    I'm using 4.7.0.75

this is why your memory is floating at a lower level, some of the newer os's use more or less of the resources so that is why you hear about people having a higher area of app memory. I recommend using .103, that is what I am using and it has worked amazing since I installed it. If you choose to try it out, remember, it is at your own risk, these leaked os's run differently on each particular phone. I tryed .109 and it gave me horrible battery life and app memory so I went back to .103, some however have said they are using .109 perfectly with no problems. So give it a try, the worst thing that could happen is you don't like it and have to go back to .75 =)
    02-28-09 03:08 PM
    I find that .103 was better. I don't know about u guys but since I've had .109 my phone wants to think why too much.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-01-09 01:23 AM
    I usually boot with around 25 mb, and hover around 15. I have a whole ton of apps installed though as well.
    03-01-09 01:36 AM
    what is 8gb memory card they give you for..is that only for music, videos and stuff?
    03-01-09 02:14 AM
    what is 8gb memory card they give you for..is that only for music, videos and stuff?
    From what I know it is only for music photos movies etc. Can't save any apps to memory card.

03-01-09 04:47 AM
    still running .75 and i'm at 23.5, Iguess thats good?
    03-01-09 07:36 AM
    Im on .109 and I'm sitting at 35.0MB, I'm pretty vigilant about shutting down applications though.
    03-01-09 07:41 AM
    Sorry to ask an inexperienced question here, but how do you figure out how much memory is clear? Is it under memory in options under application memory? Mine has always said 25.9 mb free for apps and not changed (I'm on the highest official os, I think .75 or .76). I've had lag issues at times (right now my keyboard light ups are lagging behind my typing), but I haven't seen a change in that memory value, if that's where we're checking.

03-01-09 08:41 AM
    Ok, this thread made me feel better. After reading many posts about memory leaks I was getting paranoid. Mine usually hovers around 37, so it's probably pretty good.
    03-01-09 08:56 AM
    Sorry to ask an inexperienced question here, but how do you figure out how much memory is clear? Is it under memory in options under application memory? Mine has always said 25.9 mb free for apps and not changed (I'm on the highest official os, I think .75 or .76). I've had lag issues at times (right now my keyboard light ups are lagging behind my typing), but I haven't seen a change in that memory value, if that's where we're checking.

Your fine I always hover about 22 and never have a problem. You get the typing lag because you are typing in the forum on the bb browser. No way around that I have found except using opera mini. I have no lag typing in this forum using opera. It is as smooth as typing an email.
    03-01-09 09:30 AM
    From what I know it is only for music photos movies etc. Can't save any apps to memory card.

It would make things a lot easier if they allowed us to use the memory card how we wanted to cause idk how many people are dying to get this phone just for music and videos.
    03-02-09 12:27 AM
    To be honest my storm runs the same no matter if i have 5mbs or 30mbs free...I don't think there is really a memory leak per say..but rather a bug that shows less memory that is actually there...basically i mean that you could have 40mbs free but the phone is telling you have 5mbs...i think its just a bug and that the new REAL OS will fix this problem...
    03-02-09 02:11 AM
    I've had my Storm for about a month now. Up until last night after reading some posts on this site, I had NEVER done a battery pull to improve memory / performance.

Before last night's "tune-up" I had 36MB, after moving some apps and deleting others, and then finally a battery pull...........I now have 21 MB and my phone lags something fierce.

See title of post.
    03-02-09 02:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD