Hi everyone, I currently have the tour but one of my lines is due for an upgrade in April and I'm thinking of getting the s2. I really want a touchscreen phone. In the meantime a co-worker of mine offered me his old s1 to play around with. Wanted to know your input on the storm. How is the web browsing, battery life, touchscreen and stuff like that? Any input or advice you have for me is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-02-10 08:34 PM
    If you want the Storm then play with the 2 It does have a different feel to it. I chose the Tour over it because I didn't want the touch screen. I like the simplicity and ease of the Tour. And also the Tour is sleek and very nice looking device.
    It is a personal choice.
    03-02-10 08:38 PM
    Yeah I love my tour but I wanna try something different. I'm def gonna keep my tour tho but I just figured I would try out the storm and see what happens

03-02-10 08:50 PM
    If i were you I would just go to a store and try it out for yourself, that's the only way you'll find out if you like it or not before purchasing it. It's all personal preference imo.
    03-02-10 10:45 PM
    Yeah I've gone to the store but I feel like I need to have a few days with it before I buy it that's y I'm gonna try out the storm that my co-worker is gonna give me. I just basically wanted to hear different ppls thoughts on the storm. Thanks for responding

03-03-10 11:12 AM
    I just installed Lyricidal's 5.0.0.497 hybrid OS and my phone works very good. I have installed quite a few different OS's in the year and a hlaf I've owned my storm and it is remarkable how different each one can make the device work.

If you do buy a storm I highly recommend taking the time to learn how to wipe/load/reload/shrink/wipe/downgrade/load/wipe/etc...(well you get the idea haha)

It is worth the time because in the end you will have a better working phone and will have learned something.

Good Luck, John.
    03-03-10 01:23 PM
    The S2 is the best phone I've ever owned. The S1 was the best one before that. This is a great device. For those (like yourself) that are used to the physical keyboard of a non touch screen bb, it can take a few days of playing to get used to it. As far as browsing, it's the same as it is on most any bb. The native browser is not the fastest thing out there, but the Opera Mini beta 5.2 is as fast as my sons Droid.
    03-03-10 01:27 PM
    The S2 is the best phone I've ever owned. The S1 was the best one before that. This is a great device. For those (like yourself) that are used to the physical keyboard of a non touch screen bb, it can take a few days of playing to get used to it. As far as browsing, it's the same as it is on most any bb. The native browser is not the fastest thing out there, but the Opera Mini beta 5.2 is as fast as my sons Droid.
    COMPLETELY AGREE. Also, using the phone in the shop and making your mind up there is a bad idea. The Storm gets a lot of undeserved negativity, all you need is the latest OS and Opera Mini and it's PERFECT! The reason I love both Storms so much is because you make it what you want, every app is so much more beautiful with it's big screen. Simply changing the background from lightning to a rainforest gives it this new feel. I personally love watching YouTube on it for hours on end. And in my personal opinion RIM couldn't have done a better job. I also think it's by far the sexiest BlackBerry available. It does all boil down to personal opinion so if I was you I would take up your friends offer.

03-03-10 02:01 PM
    I think you'll like the Storm 2 if you give yourself a little time to adjust to the touchscreen. I have a Tour and Storm 1 and I currently use the Storm and the Tour is my backup.

I traded my Curve for a Storm when I was having trackball problems with my Tour. I did open the Tour and replace the trackball but have gotten used to the Storm and like it. I use Tank's hybrid and with a little practice, can type pretty well on it. The S2 is better/faster but I don't do too many texts/emails per day. If you're a heavy user, maybe you'll feel different and prefer the physical keyboard.

I'm eligible for an upgrade now, but thought I'd hold out a little longer to see what's available in a couple of months (maybe Storm 3?). I don't think you'll be disappointed in the Storm 2.
    03-03-10 04:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD