View Poll Results: Which phone?

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll

0 0%
  • 8350i

1 100.00%
    I have been with Sprint for the longest, but I recently switched to Verizon to get the new Storm. I had two phones while I was with Sprint, one on the Sprint network and one on the Nextel network. Also, my wife has Sprint and her phone doesn't work here either, so I know it's not anything I am doing.

I have never owned a BB before, so I am completely new to this. Well, I really like the Storm, but there is something that just isn't right. I can't name it. I can't put my finger on it.

There are two reasons why I left Sprint to go to Verizon:
    1. I couldn't use my Sprint nor my Nextel at my house. The phone worked fine "almost" everywhere until I pulled up in my driveway. Then, I get signal fading and dropped calls out the ***.
    2. For the obvious, I wanted the Storm.

Now, that I have the Storm on Verizon, I have a couple of issues that I just can't get over:
    1. I work at night and I loved the fact that Sprint offered a Night and Weekend package that started at 6pm.
    2. Now, I can't get a signal in my office at work where I would get an excellent signal with my Sprint and Nextel.
    3. This damn "SIM Card Rejected" icon keeps popping up on my Storm.
    4. It seems like the screen does freeze up from time to time. Not for long, just for an extra second or two.
    5. I also miss the fact that I can't DC my friends anymore.

I've heard there are some issues with the SMS and MMS feature on the 8350i. I've also heard about the slow iDen network(which is old news) and the WiFi. So far, these are the only two issues that I have heard about. Most people just seem extremely happy with the 8350i.

I've only had the 9530 for two weeks, so I have time to take it back to Verizon and cancel my contract without paying any penalty except for the $35 restocking fee and the $20 loss on the car charger(which just might work on the 8350i if I decide to get it).

So, what do you think.......should I give up the 9350 for the 8350i or should I just deal with the issues that I have with the 9350.
    Last edited by dakingofhtx; 12-30-08 at 08:20 AM.
    12-30-08 08:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD