Just curious if someone is in the know if Verizon will plan to sell the Storm 1 after the Storm 2 launch.

Reason i ask, who on earth would by the Storm 1 if the Storm 2 is available for purchase as well. If nobody buys the S1 phone, whats the point in it occupying valuable display area? Doesn't seem very business wise, a waste of space.

[Edited for my own personal reasons! ]

Im just curious as to how Verizon really plans on executing this!

Falconz
    05-21-09 05:28 PM
    I would imagine they will continue to sell the Storm 1 at a discounted price until it's gone. The lower price is what will sell it and that's how most companies would phase out an old model. Or maybe they'll give out free Storm 1's with the purchase of the Storm 2? I bet even folks at Verizon who frequent here know how that's all going to work. Maybe in a couple months they will know though? No offense, but why is this important?
    05-21-09 05:33 PM
    Honestly? I think it might be like a pearl/pearl flip kind of thing

both devices may have a place together. Maybe not.. but whooooo knowwwssss
    05-21-09 05:40 PM
    If they really have trouble moving them, they'll just make them a $0 phone.
    05-21-09 05:42 PM
    I would imagine they will continue to sell the Storm 1 at a discounted price until it's gone. The lower price is what will sell it and that's how most companies would phase out an old model. Or maybe they'll give out free Storm 1's with the purchase of the Storm 2? I bet even folks at Verizon who frequent here know how that's all going to work. Maybe in a couple months they will know though? No offense, but why is this important?
    It's important for the exact reason i edited out! Just want to keep my lips shut until the day it happens!

From a business point of view, it just doesnt make any sense! I cant imagine them continuing to sell the S1....the Storm is supposed their flagship Blackberry, and you cant have two flagships. People are gonna ask whats the difference between the two, then they'll get a bucket of crap and get an S1 because of the price. This will dramatically affect sales of S2....

Thats really why this is important!
    05-21-09 06:05 PM
    You raise a good point, but most likely they'll just drop the price of the S1 early and/or delay the release of the S2 until their old stock is cleared if that really bothers them.
    05-21-09 06:23 PM
    I think this is the reason why they came up with the "buy one, get 2 bb's" everyone ( even me ) is/did going to choose the storm ... they know this things months ahead before we get to think about them...
    05-21-09 06:40 PM
    I think they'll stop selling 1 when 2 comes out, or like someone else here suggested, give 1 away with the purchase of some phone/phones. Who's going to buy a S1 after they release S2? Having said that, I'd be really surprised if we see a S2 before Christmas time. I'll be 1 yr into my current contract at that point. I love the phone I have now and wouldn't jump on an S2 any more than I would run out every January to buy the latest model of my truck (which they come out with EVERY single year). Love the one you got...There's always going to be something better. That's the nature of technology.

Grey
    05-21-09 06:42 PM
    I'm sure they have a plan in place to not have any more S1s in inventory by the time the S2 comes out. It's really not that hard to unload cellphones, even crummy (for a BB) ones.
    05-21-09 06:50 PM
    Just curious if someone is in the know if Verizon will plan to sell the Storm 1 after the Storm 2 launch....
    who on Earth would be in the know?
    I dont think even VZW knows what they're gonna do, let alone anyone on here!
    It's all just SPECULATION.
    05-21-09 06:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD