View Poll Results: Preferred Browser on Storm

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Opera Mini

15 26.79%
  • BB Browser

41 73.21%
    What's your preference. I'd normally say opera mini, but on the Storm i'm not so sure...
    11-26-08 02:15 PM
    I used opera for a short while, I do not like the "non-click interface". I have gotten to used to highlighting then clicking, I get frustrated now when I try to use Opera, keep opening the wrong links, pages, ect. So I will stick with the BB browser.
    12-04-08 09:44 PM
    As much as I love how fast Opera is, the fact that I can't "click" drives me nuts. I'll have to say Storm browser for now. That's not a bad thing though.
    12-04-08 09:45 PM
    I agree with the two above. I've gotten so used to the click that not having it makes me feel awkward. That should tell us all a little something about ** we're growing to love this click interface.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-04-08 09:47 PM
    I like Opera. I found you don't have to press the screen in for the click. Opera works like the screen on an iPhone. Also I had tried to download files from websites and the BB Browser should not let me do anything larger than 1/2MB. I downloaded a 5MB file with Opera to the SD card. Then hooked up the USB and downloaded it to my computer. That's something you will never do with a iPhone.
    12-04-08 10:23 PM
    The BB Browser renders pages nicely and navigation is easy, but it's slow as **** compared to Opera. Clicking doesn't really mean that much to me when I have to wait 5x longer on the BB Browser.
    12-04-08 10:25 PM
    Opera rocks on a normal device. Not too good for the Storm's interface, though. I'm hoping as more and more full touch screen devices come out, Opera will come out with a more compatible version.
    12-04-08 10:26 PM
    Opera can be frustrating sometimes since it's hard to click on certain things, but overall I think it's better and it's what I'm using. It's 4 to 5 times as fast as the BB browser to load pages, so that seems to more than make up for the selection errors I get on it.
    12-05-08 01:20 AM
    Hows the javascript for the opera browser?
    12-05-08 01:22 AM
    I think I'm gonna try opera...give it a shot.
    12-05-08 01:23 AM
    I tried the Opera browser the day I got the phone. I though it was broken because I was clicking and nothing was happening so I uninstalled it. I think the no click feature would drive me nuts, and the BB Browser hasn't failed me yet.
    12-05-08 01:24 AM
    Opera with click screen support would be best.... until then, BB Browser is better.

opera mini is just too weird, not supporting the click screen.
    12-05-08 01:54 AM
    Opera is awsome fast - pages display better (I can't even load some pages in the BB browser that load in opera) navigation on pages works better!
    HOWEVER!!!

BB Wins for me as using Opera without the click button drives me nuts!

Because of that, I have both installed and use them both for different applications.
    12-05-08 04:30 AM
    How do you download Opera, I've tried to download it from the web site using the BB browser and no luck. Do i need to put it on the sd card from my desktop and then transfer?
    12-05-08 05:33 AM
    Its gotta have the Click if its gonna be the Sh*t!
    12-05-08 05:54 AM
    opera cuz im using it on my schools comp too mwhahahaha
    12-05-08 05:55 AM
    For general web browsing I use bb browser. For downloading attachments from gmail over 2.9 MB or downloading from videos 4 blackberry, or downloading any othe podcasts I use opera!

That browser really opens up content opportunity!

P~

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-05-08 08:40 AM
    OPERA!!! I used to prefer the BB browser, but after it downloaded for me an 80MB video I was sold!
    12-05-08 02:10 PM
    The only thing I like about the BB browser is the option for sites to think it's IE for Firefox. I wish opera had that option (or someone tell me where it is).
    12-05-08 03:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD