I'm getting an error stating that, the application operette2dhifi has attempted to open an connection to a location inside the firewall and outside the firewall which is not allowed by your IT policy.

Does anyone know how to get around this or a fix? I had Opera installed on my 8830 days before I got the Storm and I'm with the same company, so I can't see this being an application problem, necessarily.

I haven't seen this and only found one site that even remotely mentioned it.
    12-10-08 04:34 PM
    I'm getting an error stating that, the application operette2dhifi has attempted to open an connection to a location inside the firewall and outside the firewall which is not allowed by your IT policy.

Does anyone know how to get around this or a fix? I had Opera installed on my 8830 days before I got the Storm and I'm with the same company, so I can't see this being an application problem, necessarily.

I haven't seen this and only found one site that even remotely mentioned it.
    This is a permissions error, did you set to allow, while you're checking, you'll also need to disable compatibility.
    12-10-08 04:50 PM
    I definitely set the permissions, didn't adjust the compatibility for THIS install, but did for last. I'll try again. I just want Opera instead of the BB browser. It's kinda poopy.
    12-10-08 05:01 PM
    I definitely set the permissions, didn't adjust the compatibility for THIS install, but did for last. I'll try again. I just want Opera instead of the BB browser. It's kinda poopy.
    Opera has it's annoyances too. The no click, click will raise your blood pressure, especially when you "accidentally" click because you forgot, and end up in mobile view purgatory, with no easy escape. You'll see.
    I can post the jad for you too if you don't have it.
    12-10-08 05:05 PM
    Well I can get it on the phone, but when it goes through the initial setup, it does the two or three proxy questions, which I set to Allow and then it waits for a bit, then starts throwing the operrette error inside and out the firewall. Does this like 6-7 times and then launches a message from Opera saying visit the web site for help. But this error is not on the website help and I haven't seen it anywhere.

I just don't understand why I was able to use it on my 8830 before the 21st and the week after, I can't use it on the Storm. Thanks for the comments though. I'm trying one more thing, then I'm removing the module to see if THAT in particular is causing an issue. Maybe this will work, but I don't have too much faith it will.
    12-10-08 05:15 PM
    Do you have the firewall turned on?
    I see you said you're on a bes.
    you don't have wi-fi checked in settings do you?
    There shouldn't be any proxy settings, do you have the unsigned version?
    12-10-08 05:39 PM
    Do you have the firewall turned on?
    I see you said you're on a bes.
    you don't have wi-fi checked in settings do you?
    There shouldn't be any proxy settings, do you have the unsigned version?
    I don't think I have any firewall settings turned on, other than what the work has for the policy. But I know I can browse with the other browser, so not sure which firewall settings to look at. I had all the settings for Opera to allow.

Not sure about the wifi either, I'll look for it.

And no idea about the unsigned version. I'm assuming you mean Opera? If so, no idea. It's what everyone else downloads.

If there is something specific you can direct me to, I will give details on the versions and such as needed.

Thanks very much for your help.
    12-10-08 10:39 PM
    Ok, I gathered some brain cells and found some of the settings you mentioned. Nothing was turned on, all firewall settings are not visible, but this isn't anything new. Everything is set to allow, so not sure why I'm getting this error. I'll keep poking around and see if there is some remote THING I'm not doing, but I can't imagine what that would be.
    12-10-08 10:48 PM
    Here's the OTA jad. Opera

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-10-08 11:23 PM
    I'm pretty sure that is the one I have downloaded before...many times. Just not sure what the heck is going on. I DID notice the BB Messenger was running in the background, so I closed that and removed it. Hopefully that will help a bit on the OS speed. Need to upgrade as well. Just realized I'm running .65.

I'll try a few things and see if I can get it to work, but so far the settings are either set to allow or not accessible. Thanks for the help so far though, very nice of you.
    12-10-08 11:58 PM
    Upgrade to .76 after you do a 3rd party app backup, reload all the stuff you want.
    Then get re registered on your BES. It could work.
    YW

12-11-08 12:12 AM
    Well you were right. It worked after the .76 update. Thanks for the help and I'm loving Opera even though there are some quirks about it. But better than the bb browser.

12-11-08 02:07 AM
    So my phone just did some weird lock up last night and now Opera won't work...again! I just don't know. Trying to reinstall the app, but not very confident as I got the same errors as before and I'm on .76. What's even stranger is that I had it running on .76 WITH Opera installed, the phone locked up when I plugged in the wall charger, so I pulled the battery as NOTHING would make it respond.

After two battery pulls it works, but my email settings were lost and apparently at this point Opera started doing the operrette error again.

I did plug the phone up to my laptop and ran the desktop manager on my company laptop and got my email back, but Opera still doesn't work. I'm so confused and sad. Opera has some quirks, but it's nice to have the tap only aspect vs. the click for everything BB browser. If I got it working once, I'll get it working again!

BTW, I checked all the settings and everything was set to allow.
    12-12-08 11:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD