I've noticed i can't open any attachments on my storm when they come via email. I have word, sheet, and slideshow to go installed and i still get the same "can't view on your device" message when i try to open these types of files from an email. Anyone else have this issue?

Are there free reader programs that work better, or that i need. Also, is there an adobe reader program that's free online. Thanks for the help.
    08-18-09 02:58 PM
    Ensure you have the BlackBerry Attachment Service installed. Options > Advanced Options > Applications

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-09 03:59 PM
    It looks like i do have it installed.
    08-18-09 04:25 PM
    What type of email account is it. I cannot open the attachment that come to my corporate email account (received using BB Redirector), but can open all of the attachments that come to my BIS accounts.

If it is a corporate account (BES or Redirector), try forwarding the message to a BIS account (yahoo, gmail, hotmail, etc.) and you should be able to view them. At least it works for me, but then if you are not using BES or redirector, then you may have just wasted your time reading this ;-p
    08-18-09 04:33 PM
    Haha, i don't consider it a total waste of time. Good info. But the account i'm most concerned about is my sbcglobal account, i'm assuming that's BIS? But i'm new to this whole scene. Still haveing issues.
    08-18-09 05:21 PM
    Try this link
    08-18-09 11:39 PM
    If I have an attachment that is larger than 2.9MB; I can't view it.

Is there anything I can to to allow me to view larger ones?

Thanks.
    08-28-09 09:35 AM
    Ensure you have the BlackBerry Attachment Service installed. Options > Advanced Options > Applications

I have been having this same problem since upgrading to Lyr's 6v8 hybrid I don't see that attachment service you mentioned. Can I fix this or will I need to reinstall the whole OS?

08-28-09 11:49 AM
    bump

08-29-09 10:36 AM
    Hey guys if the file is to big can you view it or not.

08-29-09 10:41 AM
    Right now I can't view any attachments because I am missing that attachment service. Does anyone know how I can go about getting that back without having to reload the OS?

08-29-09 11:06 AM
    Hey guys if the file is to big can you view it or not.

If its big enough, the BIS server won't send it to the device. So... no.

08-30-09 01:30 AM
    Right now I can't view any attachments because I am missing that attachment service. Does anyone know how I can go about getting that back without having to reload the OS?

You can install it using Desktop Manager, thru the Applications part of it:

08-30-09 01:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD