Shazam
    WhetherEye
    BBM
    Youtube player

and I have deleted the HELP and Languages to gain more memory
    but still I have only 8.5mb left out of 128mb
    im usin the 5.0 version on my BlackBerry Storm
    01-04-10 02:43 AM
    So your saying you only have 8.5mb of application memory left? I have around a dozen apps with ~20mB of free app memory. Are these the stats from Options>Memory or where are you getting this 8.5mB figure?
    01-04-10 02:49 AM
    hey guys
    currently I have only 4-5 apps installed
    Facebook
    Shazam
    WhetherEye
    BBM
    Youtube player

Check my post under "memory leak" for a potential resolution

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-04-10 03:04 AM
    i restarted my phone and now its 19 mb :s
    01-04-10 03:34 AM
    anyone??????
    01-16-10 03:41 PM
    That is pretty bad, even by the OS memory issues. I suggest backing up everything and doing a secure wipe, but don't wipe your personal info or third-party apps (uncheck those two boxes). I tend to get back to about 30-35mb after doing that. I have a fair amount of apps including Facebook, Fandango & ubertwitter, & a theme. You could end up with weird calendar or email settings afterwards. That stuff may have to be reset up. I have mixed results with that stuff after a wipe.
    01-16-10 05:23 PM
    hey guys
    currently I have only 4-5 apps installed
    Facebook
    Shazam
    WhetherEye
    BBM
    Youtube player

Which version of 5.0 are you running? 419 does a great job managing memory.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-16-10 05:39 PM
    wow that is terrable! yeah you should try doing a complete wipe and then reinstall the most current O.S and then re-download your apps and such but you should get logmaid as it will manage your memory issues for free I use it as well as aerize optimizer and they both keep my memory at around 20-30 MB all day and i never have to worry about doing battery pulls maybe like once every couple weeks just for good luck!!
    01-16-10 05:42 PM
    To the op, how many apps do you have running in the back ground? Also any pictures, videos, songs..etc stored on your on board memory rather than the sd card?
    Last edited by Ronindan; 01-16-10 at 07:35 PM.
    01-16-10 06:27 PM
    I only had a memory leak on a few of the assortment of OS's I ran on the S1. I think most are related to the apps you install as well as any themes. Try deleting your 3rd party apps (and any themes) and run your phone for a day without them to see how it performs. If it's stable, install them back one at a time and give each one a few hours on the phone to see if you can find the troublemaker.

You could also have a corrupt database that's causing you problems. Here's some info on the subject:

Viewing your database sizes...

Through Civic, I found an interesting tidbit about the databases on your BB. You can view them and see if any are way out of whack, size wise. Any big anomalies can indicate a corrupted database. I've gathered that most phones are going to have a pretty big RMS Database from all the apps we add/remove. This database apparently does not clean up after itself. The last thread tells you how to clear it. I did it myself, and had no problems and gained a few meg. The size will depend on the phone and how much stuff you've added.

To see the size of your BB databases...
    Go to Options/Status and hit Menu/Database Sizes
    BlackBerry Database Details - BlackBerryFAQ
    Mobi·gas·mic: The Secret of the Blackberry Memory Bloat
    01-16-10 07:26 PM
    You are not running bearryweather are you?
    It seems to cause me lots off memory issues on v5.0.0.419
    See this:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/app...7/#post4474921

App listings here in screen shots: http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/app...7/#post4507043

And this: http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/ho...ml#post4465079

I have a ton of apps (for a storm 1) but the only onethat causes issues is berryweather. If I have it off I can run 4 days and probably more and still have 15-17 BM free. Booting at 25 MB free or so. So without berryweather it seems to use 8-10 MB after boot.
    01-16-10 08:19 PM
    That is pretty bad, even by the OS memory issues. I suggest backing up everything and doing a secure wipe, but don't wipe your personal info or third-party apps (uncheck those two boxes). I tend to get back to about 30-35mb after doing that. I have a fair amount of apps including Facebook, Fandango & ubertwitter, & a theme. You could end up with weird calendar or email settings afterwards. That stuff may have to be reset up. I have mixed results with that stuff after a wipe.
    Okay, so how do you do a security wipe? I'm using BB Storm 1 and am out of patience with the memory leak issue. Not such a smart phone if you can't load useful apps.

Thanks,
    ~Jack
    04-15-10 11:21 AM
    Options --> security options --> security wipe. Make sure to back up before hand.
    04-15-10 11:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD