If anyone is reading this and hasn't updated to OS 5 then please please update. Now I think of it I really don't know what I was thinking puting it off all this time. I had 4.7 and just figured the updates were minor but OMG I have a new phone. And yes, I'm already thinking I'm most likely the last person to update lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-29-10 03:14 PM
    I'm glad you are happy with the update. I was happy when I did when I had my storm 1
    03-29-10 03:24 PM
    I know what you mean, going from 4.7>5.0 was such a big difference for me.
    03-29-10 03:53 PM
    Its like a revelation lol I'm now bragging to friends about how faster my Storm is compared to their iPhone. Even the keyboard is 100x better. Also I was worried installing a Vodafone OS would kill my Storm but no, sweet! Whole lotta love for my "outdated" BlackBerry

03-29-10 04:19 PM
    Its like a revelation lol I'm now bragging to friends about how faster my Storm is compared to their iPhone. Even the keyboard is 100x better. Also I was worried installing a Vodafone OS would kill my Storm but no, sweet! Whole lotta love for my "outdated" BlackBerry

Oh I agree. My cousins iBlows can't even compare to the speed of this "outdated" device with 5.0. The key board is better, and the accelerometer is quite a bit faster. I actually find the accelerometer on this one a lot faster than the S2.

03-29-10 10:17 PM
    I agree, upgrading to 5.0 was like getting a brand new phone! I'm a loyal Storm 1 user, still on my original handset since Feb '09. I love my phone, and love the 5.0 update. I just wish there was an official current release, something above 5.0.0.328. I have the option to upgrade my phone in October, but love my Storm so much I don't think I could part with it! I'm sad they're discontinuing this model, I think it's fantastic.
    03-29-10 11:17 PM
    I did the update hours after picking it up (thank god Bell has .419, I despise hybrids) and it truly was a difference. The two hours pre update had me convinced I made a mistake and the Storm was the POS everyone said. Since then not even a hiccup.
    03-30-10 01:20 AM
    4.7 to 5.0 is like...... windows ME to windows 7

(thank god Bell has .419, I despise hybrids)
    i felt the same about hybrids until i actually tried one... the memory leak difference is amazing.. i can go a whole week and still have 20MB+ app memory whereas .419 i would be in the low teens within days.. shrink-a-OS helped too, good to see close to 40mb free app memory when i do a rare quickpull..
    Last edited by rayzian; 03-30-10 at 02:02 AM.
    03-30-10 01:59 AM
    I agree, upgrading to 5.0 was like getting a brand new phone! I'm a loyal Storm 1 user, still on my original handset since Feb '09. I love my phone, and love the 5.0 update. I just wish there was an official current release, something above 5.0.0.328. I have the option to upgrade my phone in October, but love my Storm so much I don't think I could part with it! I'm sad they're discontinuing this model, I think it's fantastic.
    Ok have I done something wrong? Lol my OS is 5.0.0.451 so surely that's the latest one? And I so didn't realise it would be as easy as it was. I think converting a movie file takes longer

03-30-10 08:51 AM
    Ok have I done something wrong? Lol my OS is 5.0.0.451 so surely that's the latest one? And I so didn't realise it would be as easy as it was. I think converting a movie file takes longer

For the 9500, the latest is 5.0.0.451. For the 9530 the latest official from Verizon is 5.0.0.328, however there are official 5.0.0.419 from other carriers.
    03-30-10 09:08 AM
    The update came out ( or I found out about it) just before I went on vacation last summer. I put off downloading it because I didn't want to have to deal with learning a new system while on vacation. Boy was I sorry. My phone was driving me nuts - I was constantly having to do battery pulls. Once I downloaded the new OS, almost all my troubles went away like magic. I love my Storm now - just wish I could use wireless internet and had more app memory. Am probably going to upgrade to a Storm2 this fall.
    03-30-10 11:08 AM
    The update came out ( or I found out about it) just before I went on vacation last summer. I put off downloading it because I didn't want to have to deal with learning a new system while on vacation. Boy was I sorry. My phone was driving me nuts - I was constantly having to do battery pulls. Once I downloaded the new OS, almost all my troubles went away like magic. I love my Storm now - just wish I could use wireless internet and had more app memory. Am probably going to upgrade to a Storm2 this fall.
    That's how I feel but thinking about it I've decided to wait for the Storm 3, can't part with my Storm just yet. Sinse the OS update I literally haven't put it down.

03-30-10 01:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD