My friend that works at the Verizon store here in Albany GA. just told me they are only getting 25 Storms. He said they are opening at 9 and are handing out numbers for people that may be in line. My question is.....should i get there at 6:30am to ensure getting a phone or take my chances? Albany isnt huge but who knows....
    11-19-08 10:43 AM
    my store in boca raton, florida says that they are getting 10x the amount of voyagers that they got last year...they will prob recieve atleast 400 storms...
    11-19-08 10:49 AM
    you should call and find out if "handing out numbers" means IN ORDER, or IN A LOTTO.

If they do a lotto you might want to kick someone in the shin and run to another store.
    11-19-08 10:51 AM
    try to ask them how many people are signed up on the call back list to give you an idea on how many people are even interested
    11-19-08 10:53 AM
    my store in boca raton, florida says that they are getting 10x the amount of voyagers that they got last year...they will prob recieve atleast 400 storms...
    10x the number of Voyagers... so they are getting 10 Storms
    11-19-08 11:47 AM
    My friend that works at the Verizon store here in Albany GA. just told me they are only getting 25 Storms. He said they are opening at 9 and are handing out numbers for people that may be in line. My question is.....should i get there at 6:30am to ensure getting a phone or take my chances? Albany isnt huge but who knows....
    I'm just a little north of you here near Macon, and both Macon stores are getting like 30 a piece. They told me that they don't necessarily expect a line, but the Storm is generating a lot of interest. They didn't tell me anything about handing out numbers, but it is definitely first come-first serve. I'm gonna probably leave my house at around 7ish, go by Chick-Fil-A for breakfast and then head on to the store. I would expect things in Albany to be about the same as it would be in Macon.
    11-19-08 11:56 AM
    I'm gonna probably leave my house at around 7ish, go by Chick-Fil-A for breakfast
    What! No Waffle House?

Just down the road from ya in Houston County.
    11-19-08 12:04 PM
    I'm just a little north of you here near Macon, and both Macon stores are getting like 30 a piece. They told me that they don't necessarily expect a line, but the Storm is generating a lot of interest. They didn't tell me anything about handing out numbers, but it is definitely first come-first serve. I'm gonna probably leave my house at around 7ish, go by Chick-Fil-A for breakfast and then head on to the store. I would expect things in Albany to be about the same as it would be in Macon.

I think ill play it safe and get there at 6:30 and sit in my truck until i see people start coming up. He actually just called me back and said that its went down to 15 Storms now! wtf?!
    11-19-08 12:11 PM
    Do you think it will be to much of a inconveniece to call the local store to ask them about the quantity they have in stock or how many people are on the call back list?
    11-19-08 12:13 PM
    Do you think it will be to much of a inconveniece to call the local store to ask them about the quantity they have in stock or how many people are on the call back list?

Nah i wouldnt think so. Your def not the 1st to call or ask
    11-19-08 12:15 PM
    I think ill play it safe and get there at 6:30 and sit in my truck until i see people start coming up. He actually just called me back and said that its went down to 15 Storms now! wtf?!
    HAHHAA...do you think that has to do with the store manager saving a few for his own friends/family/personal gain?
    11-19-08 12:18 PM
    HAHHAA...do you think that has to do with the store manager saving a few for his own friends/family/personal gain?
    You'll find them on eBay for a grand!
    11-19-08 12:20 PM

I wouldnt doubt it! I already have it in my head im going to get there early. I just hope no one else has the same idea
    11-19-08 12:21 PM
    well, a lot of people have called the store close to me in reference to the blackberry. The employee also said he has heard two different things on how many are being stocked at his store. First he heard alot then he heard a few. SOOKS.

The good news,..for me hehe
    I have a note that says I get the 50 off with a ne2 price which I thought was just at the store close to me but its to all. So I am going out of town that day so that is 400 miles of possible verizon stores I will be hitting up. ..stupid I know but what are you going to do.
    11-19-08 12:26 PM
    [QUOTE=Gaget;996356]well, a lot of people have called the store close to me in reference to the blackberry. The employee also said he has heard two different things on how many are being stocked at his store. First he heard alot then he heard a few. SOOKS.

I have a note that says I get the 50 off with a ne2 price which I thought was just at the store close to me but its to all. So I am going out of town that day so that is 400 miles of possible verizon stores I will be hitting up. ..stupid I know but what are you going to do.[/QUOT

Not stupid at all. As long as you get a Storm that is lol
    11-19-08 12:29 PM
    Interesting. I'm originally from down that way (Bainbridge). I was curious how many they would have and how much interest their would be. Wasn't willing to drive all the way down but interesting anyway.
    11-19-08 12:33 PM
    well, a lot of people have called the store close to me in reference to the blackberry. The employee also said he has heard two different things on how many are being stocked at his store. First he heard alot then he heard a few. SOOKS.

I have a note that says I get the 50 off with a ne2 price which I thought was just at the store close to me but its to all. So I am going out of town that day so that is 400 miles of possible verizon stores I will be hitting up. ..stupid I know but what are you going to do.
    who is this ? lol.... why is my name in your ... post hahah !??!?!
    11-19-08 12:35 PM
    The one by my work, where I'm going has 40 already but not allowed to sell yet. But he told me most VZW stores in San Francisco should have around the same amount.
    11-19-08 12:38 PM

Yeah i had no idea wtf SOOKS meant when i read that post
    11-19-08 12:39 PM
    Ahhh!

its kinda catchy! I use it in place of suxs
    11-19-08 12:39 PM
    Ive used it 3 times since i posted last....
    11-19-08 12:45 PM
    URGHHH store by me is only getting TEN?!? 2 days ago it was 30...watch it be down to 5 by tomorrow....every time they drop the #s im setting my alarm clock earlier and earlier....
    11-19-08 12:45 PM
    Ahhh!

its kinda catchy! I use it in place of suxs
    hahah well thanks !! lol ...
    11-19-08 12:50 PM
    i'm in albany, ga too. that sucks. looks like i'm eating my words from another thread and standing in line....
    11-19-08 03:58 PM
    who did you speak to there?
    11-19-08 04:20 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD