After having it over a week now, there is only one thing I do not like. Landscape typing is horrible. The keys are just too small and its really crappy to type on. if there was any form of predictive text like the iphone has, it would be ok. The iphone basically knows what you are trying to type and makes your fingers go to those keys even if you push in the wrong area (basically makes the letter press area bigger without actually making the letters bigger).

Something like this needs to be put into this phone to fix the landscape typing to be effective.
    12-10-08 02:21 PM
    You're joking, right? In landscape mode, the keys are FAR larger than those found on the physical QWERTY keyboards of any other smartphones, including the Curve, Bold and even the Palm Treos.

In fact, a co-worker (a Curve owner) told me she was going to go get a Storm just for the fact that she could see the keys far easier than on her Curve.
    12-10-08 02:24 PM
    You're joking, right? In landscape mode, the keys are FAR larger than those found on the physical QWERTY keyboards of any other smartphones, including the Curve, Bold and even the Palm Treos.

In fact, a co-worker (a Curve owner) told me she was going to go get a Storm just for the fact that she could see the keys far easier than on her Curve.
    I find the Storm much easier to type on than the Curve. And even with the Qwerty keyboard it seems to be learning my typing idiosyncrasies. I'm not sure if that's intended or if it's a glitch, but it's a pleasant surprise.
    12-10-08 02:30 PM
    My storm has predictive text in both landscape and portrait.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-10-08 02:35 PM
    I had a Curve and did fine typing and I have medium length acrylic nails. I am totally struggling with typing on the Storm. I so wish it responded to the nails and didnt need skin touch. Other than that I love the phone...but the typing is killing me. I use my phone as my appoitment book for my clients in my nail salon and it is taking me forever to type in their appointments.
    12-10-08 02:40 PM
    I find it easier to type on this than with the World Edition I had previously, it just takes some getting used to.

While the blue glow around the key you touch is nice, I did prefer the iPhone's way of doing it (enlarge the key). I usually can't see the blue glow beyond my finger.

The best way to use the Storm's keyboard is to touch the bottom portion of the key that way you can see the glow and never reach across the screen (i.e., use your left hand to type the letter "p" for example).

It took me maybe 30 minutes to get the hang of it and now I type very efficiently.

The Storm does have predictive text. If it bothers you that much, try using it in portrait mode.
    12-10-08 02:45 PM
    I had a Curve and did fine typing and I have medium length acrylic nails. I am totally struggling with typing on the Storm. I so wish it responded to the nails and didnt need skin touch. Other than that I love the phone...but the typing is killing me. I use my phone as my appoitment book for my clients in my nail salon and it is taking me forever to type in their appointments.
    I have found this neat thing for appointments.. I created a gmail account and started making use of the online gmail calendar. You can create as many calendars as you'd like and easily sync them to your Storm by downloading the google mobile sync app.

It works great!

I have another google sync app installed on my computer to put my work schedule in Outlook out on my google calendar, then that also gets sync'd with my phone.

My wife and I have found this so useful, we've started creating calendars for other activities and having them sync to the phones. it's a huge help!

As for the nail issue.. this screen is capacitive, which means that it relies on electrical signals through your skin.. nails won't work.
    12-10-08 02:48 PM
    I fixed it by putting a thermal pad ontop of the battery much like the business card fix... worked like a charm and a natural heat dissipator!
    12-10-08 03:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD