I have posted this question in a thread, in the Blackberry General forum. I've talked about via BB Messenger. I've posted on other boards. I've got 0 response.

Here's the situation. I have google voice and quickpull. When quickpull does it's daily reset for some reason google voice launches. If I don't remember to exit, it pulls down my battery faster.

On a computer you always have an area where you have start up programs. I can't find anything similar to this in my Storm. So is there any way I can prevent google voice from launching after reset. One person (not a Storm) told me that google voice doesn't launch from their blackberry.

I'll take any response. Yes, and here's how, No it can't be done, any ideas at all.

I apologize to the mods for duplicating a thread but I would really like an answer and I'm just not getting one. I think all the really smart people are on the Storm thread anyway. Can someone help me out?
    07-29-09 06:30 AM
    wow im glad you mentioned this because i recently installed google voice and noticed i have to manually close it as in the back button doesnt work but after i do that if i use quickpull my phone booted back up at a 35% battery even after having it charge all night
    07-29-09 09:05 AM
    I am having this problem too. I have Google Voice, YouMail and Sensobi Contacts. All of which start on a reboot of the phone. So every time, I have to go in and manually close them all. Otherwise, my phone is toast.

Anyone have any ideas?!?
    07-30-09 12:09 PM
    don't you have to have google voice open to use the advanced features?
    07-30-09 12:34 PM
    I have noticed the same thing on my Storm - Google Voice does indeed start automatically in the background every time I use QuickPull, install or remove apps, or otherwise reboot.

I have noticed that the menu options to call or SMS my contacts using Google Voice are only present when the app is open - which explains why Google set the app to auto start. If it didn't auto start, it would be one additional step to open the app before calling/texting through Google Voice, which obviously makes it less likely that people would use it as much.

There's not a way to turn this 'feature' off in the current version of the app, at least not that I have found. Hopefully Google will soon release a new version that integrates more deeply into the phone and won't require a constantly running background app to use the features of Google Voice.
    Hopefully it will also have better integration with the dialer and message apps and be able to automatically take over when they are used, but that's for another thread
    07-30-09 12:51 PM
    Maybe something is wrong with your battery or GV can't update and it keeps trying therefore draining your battery. It could possibly be another app too. Also can be something with the OS your running as well.

After I installed GV I've noticed very little difference in battery consumption and I let it run all the time.

On a computer you always have an area where you have start up programs. I can't find anything similar to this in my Storm.
    That's because nothing like that(msconfig or Startup folder) exists on the Storm.
    So is there any way I can prevent google voice from launching after reset.
    No. It would be up to the developer to add this option.

As mtaylor924 said:
    Hopefully Google will soon release a new version that integrates more deeply into the phone and won't require a constantly running background app to use the features of Google Voice.
    Hopefully it will also have better integration with the dialer and message apps and be able to automatically take over when they are used,,,
    Which would definitely be a welcomed upgrade by GV users.

Until then we just have to deal with the way it is for now.
    07-30-09 02:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD