hi im a newbie here and i am tying to decide whether to get the storm or omnia.please tell me what you think and why, i wont be useing this for work, mostly for entertainment.

thanks in advance!
    12-02-08 09:51 PM
    Hey, really it is your own decision but let me just say that I bought both phones. I ordered the omnia while I waited for the storm to get here. After playing with both the Omnia is going back. I use this for personal use like you say you will be and let me tell you there is nothing like web browsing on the storm. I have tried opera mini, opera, and internet explorer on the omnia and it doesnt even come close to the storm. And this is coming from a guy who has had a WinMo phone (treo 700wx) for almost a year. Storm gets my vote hands down.
    12-02-08 09:56 PM
    theres alot of things to look at. i have not played with an omnia but i like the storm name better over onmia. also storm has bigger screen which is a +. who cares about omnia 5mp camera vs 3.2mp on storm. most people have actual cameras for pics any ways.
    again its all up to you and what you want to carry.
    12-02-08 09:58 PM
    Isn't the omnia without 3g? That would stop me from ever considering that phone.
    12-02-08 10:01 PM
    The omnia shows the EV network which I was informed was the 3G instead of actually saying 3G. However I did notice that it was slower on the internet. People talk about having a hard time or not getting use to typing on the storm....from my own experience I like the typing on the storm much better. The wider screen is much better for movies, web browsing, and just overall usage IMO.
    12-02-08 10:11 PM
    Hey, really it is your own decision but let me just say that I bought both phones. I ordered the omnia while I waited for the storm to get here. After playing with both the Omnia is going back. I use this for personal use like you say you will be and let me tell you there is nothing like web browsing on the storm. I have tried opera mini, opera, and internet explorer on the omnia and it doesnt even come close to the storm. And this is coming from a guy who has had a WinMo phone (treo 700wx) for almost a year. Storm gets my vote hands down.
    I agree, I have both phones right now, and the Omnia is going back! All my smartphones have been WinMo devices, but I am keeping the Storm! The Omnia is a great phone, and probablly the most stable WinMo phone I have had, but the Storm is just on a whole different level!
    12-02-08 10:12 PM
    Isn't the omnia without 3g? That would stop me from ever considering that phone.
    They are both EVDO rev A (which is 3g)
    12-02-08 10:13 PM
    I agree, I have both phones right now, and the Omnia is going back! All my smartphones have been WinMo devices, but I am keeping the Storm! The Omnia is a great phone, and probablly the most stable WinMo phone I have had, but the Storm is just on a whole different level!
    I couldn't agree more. No offense to the Omnia, it really is a great phone. The screen resolution doesn't compare to the storm either. You get a much cleaner and crisper picture on the Storm.
    12-02-08 10:18 PM
    Yah but the omnia has wifi if that's the deal breaker I'd say omnia. The omnia is also a lot more stable then the current storm software. If you have an instant gratification problem the omnia might be your style. If you want a device that handles your email delivers great pictur and video quality and have the patience to survive a few rounds of firmware updates the storm is the device for you

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-02-08 11:32 PM
    I've got a Storm on the way, and I've spent a good bit of hands-on time at the local displays and like what I've seen of the storm so far. I only had a few minutes with an Omnia tonight, not enough to really judge it as a complete product, but it wasn't NEARLY as intuitive as the Storm was. I was able to snap a pic, but that's about it.
    12-03-08 01:30 AM
    A friend of mine has the Omnia and I say the Storms wins easily.
    12-03-08 01:38 AM
    i would love an omnia, but i hate how samsung uses there s*** proprietary connections.
    12-03-08 01:43 AM
    Read my previous post about the storm vs the omnia and touch pro here http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/swi...-omnia-107268/

trust me.
    12-03-08 02:23 AM
    Id go with the storm, size wise the omnia is way to small
    To many widgets all over the place
    Its like vistas sidebar
    Last edited by David522; 12-03-08 at 02:34 AM.
    12-03-08 02:30 AM
    Both are s*** handset. I used omnia before & returned it coz it's touch screen sensitivity was so poor. Using stylus was reasonable. But who wants to use the stylus instead of finger? Storm is not good value for money as well. Just waiting for os upgrade and let's see.
    12-03-08 03:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD