I've had my STORM one year ago in November and I love it. I put it on the charge every night. Today at work it beeped at me and when I looked at it, it said that my battery was dying so I plugged it into my USB computer at work and re-charged it. Since the re-charge the phone has been slagging real bad. This evening I was in the middle of a text and it was giving me problems so I decided to do a battery pull to re-start it. WELL.......... It will not turn on !! I have pulled the battery a number of times and re-installed it..... the red light comes on as if it's going to re-boot then goes off... So now the phone is TOTALLY DEAD !!! I have no idea what the problem is. Guess I'll be heading to Verizon first thing in the morning. Sure hope I can sleep tonight knowing that by Blackberry DIED !! I'll be lost without it.

Anybody else have the same problem happen to them??
    Last edited by jray2855; 04-25-10 at 10:52 AM. Reason: New Title
    04-08-10 12:16 AM
    My wives did the same thing a few months back. Just died out of the blue. Red light and endless reboot cycles. It had plenty of battery left. I never messed with the OS on her phone either. Took it to Verizon and they ended up exchanging it for a refurbished storm as it was still under warranty at the time.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-08-10 04:09 AM
    Well I guess there was no saving that unit. I took it into the Verizon store and they couldn't get it to turn on either. Thank goodness for the insurance. They replaced it !!
    04-09-10 08:17 AM
    My condolences. Your in my thoughts and prayers.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-09-10 11:20 PM
    I'm assuming they had replacement (original) Storms to give you? Don't suppose one could get lucky enough to get a Storm 2?
    04-11-10 04:21 PM
    had the same issues on my storm 1. the battery was at fault on the first one. they exchanged that one when it happened again.
    04-11-10 07:03 PM
    Gotta love the Storm! (notice sarcasm)
    04-12-10 09:52 AM
    Well I guess there was no saving that unit. I took it into the Verizon store and they couldn't get it to turn on either. Thank goodness for the insurance. They replaced it !!

Well the above unit was replaced on 4/08/2010.... Then on 4/23/2010 was out of town (Las Vegas) and the new one DIED!! This time I got a white screen and there was no turning on the device. Went to the Vegas Verizon store and sure enough he had to replace the unit. I tried to tell the guy that I wanted the S2 and he wasn't budging!! He replaced the unit again for the S1. So here I am with another S1 this time out of town.. my desktop manager is home so I have no contacts on my phone.. but I'll survive. I refuse to pay for the upgrade S2. I'm due for an upgrade in July. Guess I'll just keep going back to the Verizon stores every time it dies. Hopefully not. I've also heard about the new Incredible that is coming out... but I really like the BB. Plus I really have to have my e-mails (work and personal) and have heard that you can't beat the BB when it comes to e-mail. Now I'm going to have to make a big decision when July comes...

GRRRRR .... I'll keep you posted
    04-25-10 10:47 AM
    Luckily I have my contacts synced to my gmail account so I can just use google sync to restore my contacts immediately whenever my storm decides to off itself. I'm on storm #6 right now =\. Can't wait to try an Incredible
    04-25-10 07:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD