Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I can't figure it out.

Recently, my Blackberry has started deleting old (as in more than a few weeks) appointments. I've checked the configuration settings in DM. In the General Calendar Options, it says "keep appointments: forever."

And assuming that I fix this, can I have it restore the old entries from Outlook (somehow)?

Thanks
    09-25-09 01:53 PM
    Although I don't know if this is the issue, I am aware that sometimes the BB will start deleting stuff that is in the past because of low memory. What is your current memory at? Maybe a battery pull would help this situation. Again this is only a guess. Otherwise I don't know. What O.S. version are you running and what is your memory at?

As far as restoring the old contacts, you should be able to reconfigure your synchronization settings. Goto SYNCHRONIZE-on the left side of the window under CONFIGURE, click SYNCONISE, in the resulting window, click the SYNCRONATION box, then reconfigure your calender sync to restore from outlook to device only, and make sure the "transfer events from past" (I think that is this option, I cant be sure as I dont have my BB available to enable this menu right now. Its something like that lol). Then sync the device.

If this doesnt work let me know and I will investigate further!
    09-26-09 07:14 AM
    I've tried battery pulls. And the memory was high.

I appreciate your help, but I've decided to try to upgrade to the new .230 and this will hopefully make this moot.

I believe that I was running .151 or .167.
    09-26-09 02:54 PM
    I had it set up to sync both ways between Outlook and BB so that it wiped out the Outlook appointments over a week old too.
    I'm assuming that there is "backup" data somewhere..?

I'm now running the .230.
    09-26-09 04:34 PM
    Zulu is correct, if your memory drops below 10Meg or so it will start deleting old messages, appointments, tasks, etc. You may have a backup available, if you've performed a backup prior to loosing the data. Look in your My Documents folder, this is the standard place where DM stores backups.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-26-09 08:18 PM
    That's not the case. Memory is around 29 MB free. And I still haven't figured out the solution yet.
    09-26-09 08:19 PM
    Was that the memory ya had before loading .230? Or now? It makes a difference. Ya may have gotten low, depending on how many running apps ya usually have.

09-26-09 09:00 PM
    27.4 mb free. Enough?
    09-26-09 09:03 PM
    Should be. I have over 5000 appointments and never loose any of them. You may want to check your calendar settings. If ya use Google for instance, it defaults to keeping appointments only for so long. So perhaps its a setting on the other end and has nothing to do with your BB. Something to check.

09-26-09 09:28 PM
    Outlook Calendar settings look ok, but I can't even find the backup file(s).
    09-26-09 10:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD