Is it okay to remove BB Maps.

I use Google Maps, Garmin Mobile, and Weatherbug and I want to make sure that these do not require BB Maps. (on Weatherbug I do not use the "my location")
    12-20-08 12:29 PM
    Why would yoy??

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-20-08 12:52 PM
    to clear up memory/space
    12-20-08 12:54 PM
    Weatherbug needs BBmaps no matter what i think
    12-20-08 12:56 PM
    Yep I think weatherbug needs bb maps
    12-20-08 01:01 PM
    Yep I think weatherbug needs bb maps
    Even without using the "my location" feature?
    12-20-08 05:09 PM
    There was another thread where someone asked this and there were a couple of responses where people indicated that removing BB Map had caused problems. Might be worth searching for.
    12-20-08 05:28 PM
    Weatherbug will freeze when it tries to start if bb maps is not installed. I know from experience.

12-20-08 05:38 PM
    Weatherbug will freeze when it tries to start if bb maps is not installed. I know from experience.

Exactly, i played around for 3 days before i knew this!
    12-20-08 05:39 PM
    BB Maps is beyond terrible. That is probably one of the worst map programs out there. When Google Maps is able to use the GPS functionality with our phones, that will put the last nail in the coffin for BB Maps. BB Maps would lose to Pin-The-Tail-On-The-Donkey in a contest to find Waldo.

Remove for space, too.
    12-20-08 05:46 PM
    When Google Maps is able to use the GPS functionality with our phones, that will put the last nail in the coffin for BB Maps
    I dunno know, I already prefer non-gps Goggle Maps (using cell towers) to BB Maps. But I'll have to keep 'cause I love Weatherbug
    12-20-08 07:19 PM
    At OS install time I never install BBMaps. I only use Google Maps. I prefer the interface and the speed. I do not use WeatherBug.
    12-20-08 07:37 PM
    I dunno know, I already prefer non-gps Goggle Maps (using cell towers) to BB Maps. But I'll have to keep 'cause I love Weatherbug
    Well that's why I was saying the last nail. Google Maps is far superior to BB Maps in so many ways, and you're right, Google Maps WITHOUT GPS is so much better than BB Maps WITH GPS.
    12-21-08 09:26 AM
    I removed it without any issues. I didn't like it compared to Google Maps. I don't use Weatherbug.
    12-22-08 08:06 AM
    BB Maps is beyond terrible. That is probably one of the worst map programs out there. When Google Maps is able to use the GPS functionality with our phones, that will put the last nail in the coffin for BB Maps. BB Maps would lose to Pin-The-Tail-On-The-Donkey in a contest to find Waldo.

Remove for space, too.
    Goog maps works pretty well with the A gps; if I am using the term correctly.
    The reason why I opted for VZ NAv is because of the turn by turn voice prompts. If Goog maops had that I would be using that.
    12-22-08 09:02 AM
    Goog maps works pretty well with the A gps; if I am using the term correctly.
    The reason why I opted for VZ NAv is because of the turn by turn voice prompts. If Goog maops had that I would be using that.
    No, you're not using the term correctly. aGPS or GPS on the Storm for GMaps is currently not supported. My Location Beta is the only LBS available on the Storm.
    12-22-08 09:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD