I don't want to screw around with freeing music from Apple's BS on iTunes. Since I'm looking for an option for FUTURE purchases, I don't want a program to remove the DRM... I just want to know which online stores you guys prefer that I can put the music directly to my Storm without the DRM crap.
    03-14-09 12:25 PM
    Um, iTunes + is DRM free.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-14-09 12:29 PM
    Most of iTunes music is now DRM free. If it has the little "iTunes +" symbol by it, it's DRM free. A couple of other options that you have are Amazon.com's mp3 store; I've heard good things about it. Another option is eMusic.com. Before you sign yourself up for anything, however, I would take their offer of 25 songs, or at least browse their music to make sure it's what you were looking for. I was a little dissappointed in my options that I had after I signed up, but I realize that it was not the kind of music I typically like. Basically, you'll probably like it, but I have very atypical musical tastes.
    03-14-09 12:32 PM
    Amazon works for me.
    03-14-09 12:32 PM
    Most of iTunes music is now DRM free. If it has the little "iTunes +" symbol by it, it's DRM free. A couple of other options that you have are Amazon.com's mp3 store; I've heard good things about it. Another option is eMusic.com. Before you sign yourself up for anything, however, I would take their offer of 25 songs, or at least browse their music to make sure it's what you were looking for. I was a little dissappointed in my options that I had after I signed up, but I realize that it was not the kind of music I typically like. Basically, you'll probably like it, but I have very atypical musical tastes.
    Ok, thanks. I hadn't heard of iTunes + but that certainly makes my life easy if I don't go with Amazon. Thank you.
    03-14-09 12:33 PM
    Amazon works for me.
    I second this. Amazon is a great place to buy music and it's DRM free.

03-14-09 12:50 PM
    demonoid, mininova, piratebay.. can't beat the price
    i was just about to say tpb

DRM free guaranteed
    03-14-09 12:59 PM
    03-14-09 12:59 PM
    EasyNews �

10 bux a month WHATEVER U WANT !
    03-14-09 01:06 PM
    Most of iTunes music is now DRM free. If it has the little "iTunes +" symbol by it, it's DRM free. A couple of other options that you have are Amazon.com's mp3 store; I've heard good things about it. Another option is eMusic.com. Before you sign yourself up for anything, however, I would take their offer of 25 songs, or at least browse their music to make sure it's what you were looking for. I was a little disappointed in my options that I had after I signed up, but I realize that it was not the kind of music I typically like. Basically, you'll probably like it, but I have very atypical musical tastes.
    emusic sucks it saves the file in some stupid format that nothing uses, and they dont have a great selection of music
    03-14-09 02:16 PM
    emusic sucks it saves the file in some stupid format that nothing uses, and they dont have a great selection of music
    i agree with this eMusic has a terrible selection

if you want to pay, go for amazon, they have a huge selection and songs are fairly priced

else, buy the CD and rip it, thats what i do...then again im obsessed with quality
    03-14-09 02:20 PM
    sadsteve.com

You're welcome.
    03-14-09 02:53 PM
    EasyNews �

10 bux a month WHATEVER U WANT !

Apple for DRM free and if I buy it with DRM I use DejaNews to provide me with a DRM-free backup of my purchase.
    03-14-09 02:56 PM
    Vuze/Azureus
    03-14-09 03:41 PM
    sadsteve.com

You're welcome.
    Thanks for this link!! Great new site to use.
    03-14-09 04:32 PM
    Yes, they do not have a great selection of music. I'm pretty sure I said that. But when I signed up, I installed the "Direct transfer to iTunes" option, and it goes straight to iTunes. After that, it's simple enough to make a playlisy and use DM to transfer files. Or enable disk use or whatever, and drag and drop the files.
    03-14-09 05:11 PM
    sadsteve.com

You're welcome.
    o.m.g. I just went there for the first time TODAY. Its Awesome.
    04-18-09 05:33 PM
    i was just about to say tpb

DRM free guaranteed
    +1. Buying music or software?? LOL
    04-18-09 05:50 PM
    How bout mp3fiesta.com?
    04-18-09 06:06 PM
    I stopped using iTunes when apple switched to drm free AND wanted me to pay to 'upgrade' previous purchases. Much happier with Amazon.
    04-21-09 08:54 AM
    I've had a lot of success with amazon. Many songs are 89 cents as well.

04-21-09 09:59 AM
    looks like the piratebay boys are off to jail... but you can still get the music from there...
    04-21-09 10:38 AM
    I get all my online music from Amazon.com. The bitrate is usually higher and if you buy full albums, they cost less than on iTunes.

Yes, we CAN break the Apple stronghold by using other online stores.

(I'm a Mac fan, by the way--but NOT an iPhone fan).
    04-21-09 10:53 AM
    Another vote for Amazon.
    04-21-09 11:17 AM
    iTunes is now DRM free. I get the songs then sync using doubltwist. It works great except there isn't the album art for all of my songs

04-21-09 12:47 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD