A Pearl Flip commercial features a man who "buttock dials" his blackberry because it is in his back pocket. Is it alright to store the storm in my back pocket when I sit in standard padded chairs? Is it OK when I sit on hard chairs? Is it designed to be sat on or not? Also, if you know of any sites that routinely test gadget durability by actually breaking them, let me know.
    Last edited by rednukleus; 02-23-09 at 10:01 AM.
    02-23-09 09:57 AM
    I don't think so! I have heard of quite a few people "cracking" the screens on their Storms by doing this. If you had it in a semi hard case it may help. Other than that it is a huge chance to take.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-23-09 09:59 AM
    No phone is designed to be sat on.
    02-23-09 10:02 AM
    go for it ...
    02-23-09 10:06 AM
    A Pearl Flip commercial features a man who "buttock dials" his blackberry because it is in his back pocket. Is it alright to store the storm in my back pocket when I sit in standard padded chairs? Is it OK when I sit on hard chairs? Is it designed to be sat on or not? Also, if you know of any sites that routinely test gadget durability by actually breaking them, let me know.
    02-23-09 10:07 AM
    Civic's right. Besides, why would you want to risk putting a $500 - $600 device in your pocket and hope it doesn't break when you put your weight on it? I know you might have insurance on it, but still, that would be a waste. Better off to get a leather holster, and hard case, or a clip for your belt.
    02-23-09 10:08 AM
    I don't think sitting on your phone is a good idea. The only time i put mine in my back pocket is when i'm at the club!
    02-23-09 10:11 AM
    No phone is designed to be sat on.
    OK see that is coming from off the top of your head, which is no big deal but not helpful either. Does anyone know where I can find out how much (gradually applied) force various phones are designed to withstand?
    02-23-09 10:13 AM
    Well when it cracks you will know!
    02-23-09 10:21 AM
    A Pearl Flip commercial features a man who "buttock dials" his blackberry because it is in his back pocket.
    well, yer half right....the commercial is for the Pearl Flip...but the phone that's doin the "**** dialing" isn't really clarified to be a blackberry..... my assumption is that it's a "lesser" phone..why would anyone make fun of their own line?

Is it alright to store the storm in my back pocket when I sit in standard padded chairs? Is it OK when I sit on hard chairs? Is it designed to be sat on or not? Also, if you know of any sites that routinely test gadget durability by actually breaking them, let me know.
    i'm gonna have to go with common sense, and say that you shouldn't sit on any piece of electronics.....if it was meant to be sat on, you'd be seeing a commercial about it, i'm sure!
    02-23-09 10:21 AM
    OK see that is coming from off the top of your head, which is no big deal but not helpful either. Does anyone know where I can find out how much (gradually applied) force various phones are designed to withstand?
    Umm. I don't think there's like a Storm torture test like they have at the chairs at Ikea for you to watch. Dependin on someone's weight, if they have a boney *** that might make the bone apply direct pressure to the screen, the tightness of their pants, the softness of the object they are sitting on, etc... I'd say just it's good common sense to not sit on your phone. Consider it an egg and you not a chicken.
    02-23-09 10:23 AM
    Go to ustream.tv I want to see your reaction when you break your phone :P
    Last edited by pablotoofresh; 02-23-09 at 10:26 AM.
    02-23-09 10:23 AM
    Sweet bearded Jesus!!! I am LMAO literally at this picture. Thanks for that! I sit like that quite frequently when my daughter is doing homework!

02-23-09 10:25 AM
    sit on
    <blinks>
    <blinks again>
    02-23-09 10:29 AM
    Sweet bearded Jesus!!! I am LMAO literally at this picture. Thanks for that! I sit like that quite frequently when my daughter is doing homework!
    And I thought I was the only one that looked like this while helping my daughter with her homework.
    02-23-09 10:31 AM

i'm gonna have to go with common sense, and say that you shouldn't sit on any piece of electronics.....if it was meant to be sat on, you'd be seeing a commercial about it, i'm sure!

Just stop this crap right now. This is the type BS that truely pisses me off. This is america, if the boy wants to sit on his phone, who the **** are you to interject common sense into the equation and deprive me of a good laugh.

God damn commies take all the fun out of life.
    02-23-09 10:32 AM
    No you can def sit on it with no problems... Make sure you have someone sit on your lap too just to make sure and then take a sledgehammer and nail the Storm (with a towel on it so it won't scratch). Proceed to make a call afterwards just to test the reception and post back!
    02-23-09 10:34 AM
    can I sit on my storm while on the toilet? can i sit on my storm when im sitting on a magnet? can i sit on my storm while im trying to figure out why someone started this thread in the first place?
    02-23-09 10:36 AM
    And I thought I was the only one that looked like this while helping my daughter with her homework.
    LOL! It must be some kind of international language.

take a sledgehammer and nail the Storm (with a towel on it so it won't scratch).
    So the screen won't scratch??????????????

Oh my I haven't laughed so hard in a long time! With the towel it would help to prevent any bits from going under the screen.!
    can i sit on my storm when im sitting on a magnet?
    Yes.

You will put it to sleep!
    02-23-09 10:37 AM
    If it was designed to be sat on, then it would be a **** cushion. Think man, think!

02-23-09 10:40 AM
    Maybe if you put a sleeper magnet in your back pocket....hey I think I may be on to something.
    02-23-09 10:43 AM
    can I sit on my storm while on the toilet? can i sit on my storm when im sitting on a magnet? can i sit on my storm while im trying to figure out why someone started this thread in the first place?
    Best response I've ever read on here.
    02-23-09 10:44 AM
    I wouldn't

02-23-09 10:49 AM
84 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD