So I followed Crucials directions and did the whole wipe and loaded the new 4.7.0.83 OS and that all went fine.

The problem was alot of my apps and stuff weren't showing up. So I took my other storm (the one I'm sending back to Verizon) and did a Device Transfer thinking it would switch all my 3rd party apps over to the new storm with the new OS.

It did put the apps there, but now I'm missing things like Browser, Blackberry Messenger, etc.

How do I get these back so my phone is just like my old one was?
    12-19-08 11:36 AM
    im going through that right now .... actually after the wipe when you open DM and then App Install Center ... click on Options

then you have to check all the stuff you want loaded, i guess by default it is not checked?

this info woulda been helpful in the instructional post, IMO
    12-19-08 11:38 AM
    Right, I did see that. I didn't see those instructions anywhere so I didn't check those off. I need to go back into DM and manually choose each thing I need back?
    12-19-08 11:41 AM
    for me i check most everything aside from the language stuff and a few others

you will also like this thread about the DOD and MME or whatever:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthr...18955&posted=1
    12-19-08 11:44 AM
    btw we are like the blind leading the def in here ROFL!
    12-19-08 11:46 AM
    Exactly, now I'm back in there manually selecting the things that are missing. Hopefully that fixes it.
    12-19-08 11:48 AM
    I believe mine is fixed now. Whew!
    12-19-08 11:52 AM
    Glad you got it fixed!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-19-08 11:55 AM
    I'm hoping its fixed. Still going through some last changes. Will let you know shortly!
    12-19-08 11:59 AM
    Glad you got it fixed!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    thanks for the help farmer!
    12-19-08 12:07 PM
    It appears I got it all fixed but that was a major headache. I'll definitely be nervous about wiping again in the future. Everything went smooth except none of my apps transferred and trying to get those back is where everything went haywire.
    12-19-08 12:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD