Ok so here is the deal.

Storm #1 3 days after release dropped and broke it, used insurance (which was 2 in 12 months because my motorola q was replaced like 7 months early, which leads them to cancel your insurance) $50

Storm #2 after about a month the top right clicking was so bad I would have to turn to landscape to click things on that side of the screen so it turns to another side to click it, replaced via warranty.

Storm #3 after a couple weeks it booted to a white screen, wouldnt do anything at all. I couldnt even wipe, pull battery nothing. All the stores in my area were out of replacement storms (or so they told me) and it was a friday afternoon. So tech support sent out another due on monday which stinks because no phone for fri-sat-sun?! Had to have them activate my old motorola q to get me through the weekend which turned out to be a huge mess. Anyways..

Storm #4, which is what I have now. I am not going to lie it has been very very reliable and clicks fine, scrolls fine, everything is good I am happy to the point I didnt even consider a storm 2. Running 5.0.0.323. But yesterday I got an odd error where anytime I clicked the camera button it says..

"Could not start the camera. Close other applications and try opening the camera again"

I checked and I had 22mb free, I had nothing odd running. I even went in and deleted bing, my verizon and some themes. Battery pull....same thing. 3 more battery pulls and same issue. So today I just backed up my phone, wiped it and reinstalled and same issue?! ERRRRRRR WTF!!!

I was planning on getting a driod and now this happens? I mean 4 storms in 11 months? Soon to be 5? What should i do?
    11-11-09 01:47 PM
    I used to get the same message on my old curve, the service reps at AT&T never figured out why it did that. So I left and came back to Verizon. Wish I could offer help but I have no idea as to why it's doing that just a shared experience for me...

Anyone know why?
    11-11-09 01:55 PM
    I just spoke with someone and as always the 1 thing I can never complain about is VZW's customer service dept. They sent out a new storm for me, I asked about possibly getting a storm 2, he said only if you need 3 within 90 days they will upgrade the phone. So no luck for me.
    11-11-09 02:30 PM
    I am in the uk had storm 2 for 2 weeks its ace the screen is way better then the storm 1 and 5.0 is so quick only problem i have had is putting it down when going to bed i can't i want to play with it constantly
    11-11-09 06:00 PM
    wow... 4 replies and only 1 that had anything even remotely related to what the OP asked.

it's a random issue. the only thing you can do is wipe w/ jlcmdr or bbsak (meaning no OS loaded - the error 507 reload OS) and then reload the OS fresh. If THAT doesn't work, then there's something else going on and you'll have to replace the phone. Usually a wipe and reload works tho.
    11-11-09 06:17 PM
    wow... 4 replies and only 1 that had anything even remotely related to what the OP asked.

it's a random issue. the only thing you can do is wipe w/ jlcmdr or bbsak (meaning no OS loaded - the error 507 reload OS) and then reload the OS fresh. If THAT doesn't work, then there's something else going on and you'll have to replace the phone. Usually a wipe and reload works tho.
    Yeah the OP should do this. If it still happens after actually doing a low level wipe to the 507 error and reinstalling it's a definite hardware issue.

I went through a few Storms and never saw this error before. One did have issues with the camera resetting the device a few times, but never that error...

Hopefully the new one will work for you.

I was able to get the Storm 2 by talking to a tech support agent, and resigning a new 2 year contract. If this new Storm gives you issues call tech support, explain your issues and maybe you will get a agent who's kind enough to do it for you. They DO have the power to do it, it's just getting lucky with one that will actually do it.
    11-11-09 06:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD