@Crucial
    Is this still considered a high priority for RIM or has the Bold issues with AT&T taken presedence?
    09-11-08 06:22 PM
    @Crucial
    Is this still considered a high priority for RIM or has the Bold issues with AT&T taken presedence?
    This is still priority #1. The Bold is finished minus a browser issue. Nothing that would be more important than the 95xx.
    09-11-08 06:35 PM
    Any "supposed" Oct 13th release date, is purely speculation. The same source that originally said Oct 13 is also the one that said the Storm would be announced today. It will be out when it's out.
    Woah tuff guy, no need to flex your e-muscles. I was just repeating the Oct 13th day that Stang posted. And this thread and the other thread is for us people who are looking forward to it coming out and not being able to wait. For you to come in this thread and post It will be out when its out doesnt make any sense. Or did I just take that post the wrong way?
    09-11-08 06:38 PM
    Woah tuff guy, no need to flex your e-muscles. I was just repeating the Oct 13th day that Stang posted. And this thread and the other thread is for us people who are looking forward to it coming out and not being able to wait. For you to come in this thread and post It will be out when its out doesnt make any sense. Or did I just take that post the wrong way?
    And just so everyone does not jump down my throat, I just passed the October 13th date along from HoFo.
    09-11-08 06:42 PM
    And just so everyone does not jump down my throat, I just passed the October 13th date along from HoFo.
    Sorry Stang, didnt mean to throw you under the bus there. My apologies.
    09-11-08 06:44 PM
    I think Stop was just trying to convey it was speculation that the 9530 would be released on Oct. And well, it will be out when it's out.
    09-11-08 06:45 PM
    I think Stop was just trying to convey it was speculation that the 9530 would be released on Oct. And well, it will be out when it's out.
    = November launch
    09-11-08 07:12 PM
    If there is truth to the phones being in Verizon Technical Acceptance then hopefully the release isn't too far off.
    09-11-08 07:15 PM
    Okay I have had about enough. I love Verizon's phone service more than any, and I have had all 4 major carriers in the past 2 years, including a Pearl with TMO, 700wx with Sprint, then iPhone with ATT and now back to my beloved VZW with the Pearl, but I am sick and tired of Verizon being the Jonny come lately to the phone party. I have to sit back and watch every carrier come out with awesome new phones and either wait for VZW to make their own crappy counterpart to compete or release a crippled version of the other phone about a year or two late. I feel like they keep kicking me in the nuts but for some reason I keep taking it. No more. Im done. We have ATT with the Bold, TMO with the Pearl flip and Sprint with the Touch Diamond and Pro all being released soon and having all this media attention and fanfare and VZW is just sitting back doing nothing letting everyone else get the attention. PURE ARROGANCE and incompetence. They could have outed some info or atleast a teaser or something for the Storm, but no, them and RIM both have sat back and done nothing, but this is more on VZW cuz Pearl Flip and Bold stuff leaked all the time. My Pearl is driving me batty and Im eager to change to a new phone that actually has internet, as Im a heavy phone internet user. I would pay VZW whatever they wanted for the Storm or a non hardware crippled Diamond (allegedly). But no, they give us nothing, no information. Well Sunday Ill be placing my order for the Touch Diamond with Sprint since I have an extra line with them that I dont use. VZW has disappointed me one too many times, and it makes me sad. Atleast here Sprints coverage is almost the same. VZW will be lucky if I keep my line open with a basic plan as my secondary line.

Am I the only one who is absolutely frustrated with VZW in this regard?
    You my friend will never be satisfied. All four carriers in 2 years. Are you schizo? And about the exclusives. VZW has some of the best exclusives out there. Dare, Voyager, Envy2, and others, and hopefully Storm Exclusive. Of course ATT has iPhone, but besides that, what other cool phones. TMO has SKick, besides that?? Your track record says you dont know a good thing when you got it. My opinion I know, but dont get the Diamond, at least wait for the Touch HD...now that phone should be nice!

Patience my friend, as CX has said, the 95xx surley wont disappoint, and I feel it is a better phone to have then the Bold or flip Pearl.
    VZW is just playing there hand slow, but they will lay the smackdown with this one...at least I hope!
    09-11-08 07:23 PM
    = November launch
    I don't know if this is suppose to mean anything but whether or not it does, we will see it eventually. I think all of us are giddy to get the phone but if it realeases before it is ready, that means nothing but bad for RIM. I know we are all excited about checking it out but personally, I would rather have a phone worthy of production, not a buggy piece of crap.

I don't understand why you all think there has to be some big anouncement before the phone can come out. Do you think every single phone is announced with a huge party or at a convention? Hardly...

Just because Apple did it doesn't mean RIM has to do it to.
    Last edited by k761110e; 09-11-08 at 07:32 PM.
    09-11-08 07:28 PM
    I still think it's possible to have a release mid-Oct or early Nov. Just because it wasn't announced today doesn't mean that the device is not on track for a release within the next few of weeks or so. I haven't lost hope, I just don't know why people are so upset that it wasn't announced today. I want this phone as bad as you guys but there are other things in this world to worry about. I just hope that we get to see more pictures and better videos of the storm within the next couple of weeks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I agree. If you look at past releases, the shortest window between an announcement and a launch I can think of is like 3 weeks. I mean, i hate to use this example but, the iPhone was announced and launched just three weeks later. Same with the 3g and the speculation behind that was as bad as this, if not worse. The Lg Voyager: I remember lurking around pre-release threads just like this one listening to all kinds of release dates and Verizon magically launches their "NEXT" campaign at the beginning of October. So I mean, anything is possible when it comes to these things and I wouldn't rule out an October release date. Heck, who knows, they can surprise us and release it sometime this month. But that might just be wishful thinking at this point.
    09-11-08 07:29 PM
    A thought on announced vs released vs... Even though the 8350i was announced today, it's not on Sprint's Nextel site. The 7100i is (at $199 still!) So either there's absolutely no connection between when something gets announced and it's final release, in which case they could announce the 93xx a month before release or on the day it is released, or Sprint has really dropped the ball on this by not having web stuff ready. Was there a mention of the 8350i's release date? Just trying to find a parallel. Also, if anyone can tell me, apparently there were 3 devices announced today? the 8220, the 8350i and.... ???
    09-11-08 07:31 PM
    A thought on announced vs released vs... Even though the 8350i was announced today, it's not on Sprint's Nextel site. The 7100i is (at $199 still!) So either there's absolutely no connection between when something gets announced and it's final release, in which case they could announce the 93xx a month before release or on the day it is released, or Sprint has really dropped the ball on this by not having web stuff ready. Was there a mention of the 8350i's release date? Just trying to find a parallel. Also, if anyone can tell me, apparently there were 3 devices announced today? the 8220, the 8350i and.... ???
    Yeah, that too. I think everyone is stuck in the Apple mindset where you get this HUGE, highly anticipated event where people pretty much know for a fact whats going to be announced anyways. With Rim and Verizon, that is really not the case and I can see them just releasing the Phone and then doing all the huge advertisements and such.
    09-11-08 07:50 PM
    As Dieter said in the blog, Jim was referring to the Bold.
    09-11-08 07:52 PM
    I agree. If you look at past releases, the shortest window between an announcement and a launch I can think of is like 3 weeks. I mean, i hate to use this example but, the iPhone was announced and launched just three weeks later. Same with the 3g and the speculation behind that was as bad as this, if not worse. The Lg Voyager: I remember lurking around pre-release threads just like this one listening to all kinds of release dates and Verizon magically launches their "NEXT" campaign at the beginning of October. So I mean, anything is possible when it comes to these things and I wouldn't rule out an October release date. Heck, who knows, they can surprise us and release it sometime this month. But that might just be wishful thinking at this point.
    I hope it does come out soon after it is announced. I don't want to wait three months after its official intoduction. I already want to go out and buy it now why drag things out even more
    09-11-08 07:53 PM
    I agree. If you look at past releases, the shortest window between an announcement and a launch I can think of is like 3 weeks. I mean, i hate to use this example but, the iPhone was announced and launched just three weeks later.
    Actually, the first iPhone was announced at MacWorld San Francisco 2007 in January and was then released in June of 2007.

Sorry...thats just my Apple fanboy-ism coming through
    09-11-08 09:05 PM
    Actually, the first iPhone was announced at MacWorld San Francisco 2007 in January and was then released in June of 2007.

Sorry...thats just my Apple fanboy-ism coming through
    I was actually referring to the iPhone 3g. But yeah, you're right about the first iPhone. Just goes to show how unpredictable these things are.
    09-11-08 09:23 PM
    Ok, so I played the dumb card with Verizon today out of curiosity and I KNOW it has been said many times that reps don't know anything, but I thought I would still share this:

I was told that they are expecting to begin a pre-order run in mid to late September.

So yeah, there you have it. I'm not exactly sure how thats going to happen without any information on the phone, but okay. Once again, just some random information, I am by no means trying to tell everyone that this is correct information.
    09-11-08 09:33 PM
    I spoke w a RIM brand rep today in my store and boy was the dude clueless. I showed him the picture from the video. He said look for it the end of this month. I shook my head because I'm sure that is not the case. I spoke w a high level employee yesterday and can assure u that's not what he said aka sept release. I am anticipating this device a whole lot for myself and my customers and have told a lot of them to check out the web to see if its something they would be interested in and to spread the word around. I would expect a voyager-esque type launch though. Black friday is always a busy time...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-11-08 09:52 PM
    In the end i believe when the time is right RIM will announce not verizon since it is a RIM phone and it will be announced on more than just verizon- maybe at&t - maybe t- mobile - either way- there will be some surprises as always- this is in the end a RIM phone not verizon.
    09-11-08 09:55 PM
    I suppose... and as we all know everything here is supposition... that it's possible the "exclusivity" bit was a leaked ploy. I believe there are 2 versions, Storm and Thunder. One CDMA, one GSM. It might be that the ONE phone is programmed for BOTH signals... Is that possible? More than likely, IMO, VZW will have it for 6 months before anyone else has it. That's due to the phone's nature of being BB's first TS. If it were another phone, say a cross between the Bold and the Jav, it would probably get released on several carriers at once due to having a general BB form factor. What I would like to see RIM do (and again, is this even possible?) Sell their own phone, you buy the phone and THEN select a carrier and plan you want, like we do with unlocked phones. That would be something new. But more likely for this go round VZW will have one here and I guess Rogers? will have it in CAN? Probably as the Storm if the Thunder is in the US. Man, that's gonna be a hot eBay item... crosss border selling GSM/CDMA units... better buy a few!
    09-11-08 10:09 PM
    I suppose... and as we all know everything here is supposition... that it's possible the "exclusivity" bit was a leaked ploy. I believe there are 2 versions, Storm and Thunder. One CDMA, one GSM. It might be that the ONE phone is programmed for BOTH signals... Is that possible? More than likely, IMO, VZW will have it for 6 months before anyone else has it. That's due to the phone's nature of being BB's first TS. If it were another phone, say a cross between the Bold and the Jav, it would probably get released on several carriers at once due to having a general BB form factor. What I would like to see RIM do (and again, is this even possible?) Sell their own phone, you buy the phone and THEN select a carrier and plan you want, like we do with unlocked phones. That would be something new. But more likely for this go round VZW will have one here and I guess Rogers? will have it in CAN? Probably as the Storm if the Thunder is in the US. Man, that's gonna be a hot eBay item... crosss border selling GSM/CDMA units... better buy a few!
    Hopefully in the end there is no exclusive since there really is no reason to do so and follow in apples footsteps with touch screen exclusive crap. RIM i think is smarter than that and thats why you have heard nothing from verizon on this as far as exclusive. Time will tell- i'm in no hurry.
    09-11-08 10:21 PM
    What I would like to see RIM do (and again, is this even possible?) Sell their own phone, you buy the phone and THEN select a carrier and plan you want, like we do with unlocked phones. That would be something new.
    When a carrier sells a phone they subsidize the price, the phones you pick up on Verizon or AT&T for $200 are more like $700 direct from the handset manufacturer (i.e. iPhone, Nokia N95, etc)
    09-11-08 10:34 PM
    Yeah, I knew that. Just trying to shake things up. I hear that in the UK and Europe you buy the phone and then select a carrier. And that they do pay a lot for phones there. Think the US will ever go that route? Or are we destined to pay $150 for an 8220 with a 3 year contract??? Poor Rogers people...
    09-11-08 10:43 PM
    It's not really that way - it's just that in Europe the vast, vast majority of phones are GSM/UMTS phones that use SIM cards. What this means is that you can buy a phone from $Carrier_A and use it on $Carrier_B (the way AT&T and T-Mo work over here.)

Here's it's split between that and CDMA2000. Also, aren't there laws in Yoo-rup about locking phones to carrier?
    09-11-08 11:15 PM
110 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD