That's right. I just did it. Let the hopes begin to rise once more.
    09-11-08 12:25 PM
    Only to be dashed upon the electrical rocks of these tumultuous internets. Alas...
    09-11-08 12:25 PM
    I see you didn't waste any time
    09-11-08 12:26 PM
    I'm hoping we don't have to wait that long to see some more info on this device.

NDA or not, the Bold, Javelin, and Kickstart have all had pictures and reviews out there before RIM did their official announcements. Hoping the same goes for the Storm.
    09-11-08 12:28 PM
    Haha, well, why not? I am hoping to see some leaks in the coming days. Maybe RIM will leak their own "Ninja showing us the Storm" video.
    09-11-08 12:29 PM
    Stang your hilarious not wasting any time. When did you start it, as soon as Dieter said Basille is off the stage??
    09-11-08 12:30 PM
    By the way...40 days.
    09-11-08 12:31 PM
    I'm guessing that BoyGenius might be right about the Storm being delayed an additional 3-4 weeks...
    09-11-08 12:32 PM
    I'm guessing that BoyGenius might be right about the Storm being delayed an additional 3-4 weeks...
    Crucial feels strongly about BGR and he says he is usually wrong. Knowing Crucial, this means there is probably no delay. I bet we'll see the device get released AT the Dev Conf.
    09-11-08 12:43 PM
    Crucial feels strongly about BGR and he says he is usually wrong. Knowing Crucial, this means there is probably no delay. I bet we'll see the device get released AT the Dev Conf.
    True, I hope you're right. Except, I thought the Storm was going to be released in the middle of October. That Conference will not be til the 22nd.. so wouldn't that mean it is being delayed?
    09-11-08 12:47 PM
    By the way...40 days.
    Which is just a little more than 30. Thus wtf I will wait so that I can be within the 30 day return. OR maybe they announce it and say EARLY NEXT YEAR or something. Who knows... I'm just walking around in the dark.
    09-11-08 12:47 PM
    I'm going to do myself a favor and just let this roll along. Not going to get hyped or expect anything. It was my fault but I got my hopes up with CTIA. Oh well. I'll just accept that I'm going to be using my 8830 for a while. Some day though.... some day.
    09-11-08 12:50 PM
    True, I hope you're right. Except, I thought the Storm was going to be released in the middle of October. That Conference will not be til the 22nd.. so wouldn't that mean it is being delayed?
    This is true. But I think a week and change delay is better than a month, right? Maybe RIM will hold a press conference before the 13th so they can release the device! Would RIM release the Storm at a developers conference? Isnt that really just for software?
    09-11-08 12:50 PM
    This is true. But I think a week and change delay is better than a month, right? Maybe RIM will hold a press conference before the 13th so they can release the device! Would RIM release the Storm at a developers conference? Isnt that really just for software?
    You have a good point here. Maybe they'll have a conference just for the Storm. Either way, I hope this phone comes to Verizon at least by December (would be disappointed, but better than waiting until 2009). The anticipation is killing me
    09-11-08 12:57 PM
    I think we will have the device in our hands before this conference starts. It has nothing to do with new devices, just the SW that goes on them. We'll see though.
    09-11-08 01:08 PM
    Well see here is my ideology *sp?*

VZW is not known for marketing phones before they are announced.

RIM isn't know for marketing much at all...

I wouldn't be surprised to see the storm get launched and advertised maybe just a few days ahead of time. Because lets be honest.....

The dare didn't have alot of promotion, no one knew much about it at all, but TONS of people were asking about it and getting info about a week before hand..... lots of people I talk to on a daily basis know about the storm.

Maybe marketing is a waste of time for RIM/VZW, most people know about devices ahead of time, the word spreads, and thats free marketing. I know not EVERYONE will know about it, but the Dare has been delayed for employees due to consumer demand, just like the voyager, and there wasn't alot of hype behind those devices. Voyager had a 3 day Next campaign, the Dare only had commercials after the launch.... nothing else....

So if VZW keeps suit.... I wouldn't be surprised... not really a prediction, more of an observation
    09-11-08 01:16 PM
    Please, you or anyone else please tell me how a device that doesn't officially exist can be delayed??
    09-11-08 01:24 PM
    Please, you or anyone else please tell me how a device that doesn't officially exist can be delayed??
    CX - anything can be delayed in Imagination Land!

But I do fully agree with you.
    09-11-08 01:26 PM
    it can be delayed internally by RIM... just because it doesnt "officially" exist doesnt mean that development isnt taking place internally... we know the phone exists.
    09-11-08 01:27 PM

Well even though the device doesn't exist to the consumer market, it does exist. While I understand where you are coming from just because the phone doesn't exist it could have had an original launch date of october but be delayed to november... internally, its still a delay, and essentially the same thing.

Now on the same topic I understand where you are coming from, I wouldn't REALLY consider it a delay to CONSUMERS til the device is acknowledged and a date is set in stone. Then when that date comes and goes and the device isn't launched then it's delayed.

You say Poh-Tay-Toe
    They Say Poh-Tah-Toe

all in how you look at it... it's good to have an open mind, as long as you don't get your hopes up understanding things from different views,
    09-11-08 01:28 PM

I agree CX. I'm just using the speculated date that we all know. I realize that if the phone is not released in October it is really not delayed.. but it would be delayed according to the rumors. Sorry, I didn't mean to make it sound like an official delay.. you know us.. we like to believe everything we hear
    09-11-08 01:30 PM
    Well even though the device doesn't exist to the consumer market, it does exist. While I understand where you are coming from just because the phone doesn't exist it could have had an original launch date of october but be delayed to november... internally, its still a delay, and essentially the same thing.

Now on the same topic I understand where you are coming from, I wouldn't REALLY consider it a delay to CONSUMERS til the device is acknowledged and a date is set in stone. Then when that date comes and goes and the device isn't launched then it's delayed.

You say Poh-Tay-Toe
    They Say Poh-Tah-Toe

all in how you look at it... it's good to have an open mind, as long as you don't get your hopes up understanding things from different views,

You stated that so much clearer than my explanation haha sooo yeah ignore my other post.. I'm basically saying the same thing as Rjsumthin
    09-11-08 01:32 PM
    I don't know how that could happen. It seems certain people here speculate too much and start spewing blather all over the forums and confuse everyone.

you know us.. we like to believe everything we hear
    That's why I don't pay attention to stuff like:

09-11-08 01:35 PM
    That's why I don't pay attention to stuff like:

Actually, Crucial DID say that:

Jakeho if you believe what BG said, I'm sorry for you bro. He's wrong all the time
    So yeaaaa...suck it.
    09-11-08 01:53 PM
    I think I'd rather hear an official release date before hearing more about the device its self.
    09-11-08 01:53 PM
110 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD