Okay, I searched but couldn't find my answer. I'm wondering if I can take the SIM card out of my CDMA Storm and put it in an unlocked GSM phone for when I don't want to damage my Storm. In other words, can I use the Bell SIM card in an unlocked GSM phone temporarily?
    03-19-09 06:31 PM
    Logically it should, but let's hear from the technical guys...
    03-19-09 06:33 PM
    i cant speak for bell, but if they are running on a CDMA network i doubt you can since the sim for overseas use. i know verizon isnt running both a CDMA and GSM network.. and i cant see why any other company would run both technologies in the same area. it just wouldnt make sense fiscally
    03-19-09 06:40 PM
    No one has tried doing this yet? I don't really want to bring my Storm to a party, or sports game incase I drop it!

i cant speak for bell, but if they are running on a CDMA network i doubt you can since the sim for overseas use. i know verizon isnt running both a CDMA and GSM network.. and i cant see why any other company would run both technologies in the same area. it just wouldnt make sense fiscally
    How does the SIM know when it's overseas though? There must be some way to get it to work here!
    03-19-09 07:30 PM
    No one has tried doing this yet? I don't really want to bring my Storm to a party, or sports game incase I drop it!

How does the SIM know when it's overseas though? There must be some way to get it to work here!
    Ok, not to sound techy or what but... Does Bell work on a CDMA networks in your area??? If so then most likely they are not supporting any types of GSM networks in your area... Most of the outside world like Asia and Europe uses the GSM features, so that's when the phone recognize the type of networks available... From my research "Bell Mobility operates on a network protocol called CDMA, or Code Division Multiple Access". So this means, your SIM card would not work even on an unlocked GSM phone because Bell does not support GSM... Hope this helps and have a great weekend...
    03-20-09 01:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD