I was thinking back to when the IPhone was first released. Despite the secrecy surrounding the device and a more or less lack of credible leaks, in the days before it went on sale, several high profile tech journalists were given the opportunity to give their review. So far, I haven't seen any with the Storm. I'm talking about journalists like Walt Mossenberg or CNET or any other tech outlets.
    Just an interesting observation because I'm very tempted to see what they have to say having given the device exhaustive testing and perhaps running a final version of the OS unlike the brief reviews fellow readers have been able to give based on their brief use of the device (at least those here in the states) at parties and from store managers.
    11-18-08 11:34 AM
    When the official announcement went out, there were a sh!tload of reviews. Check the CB homepage.

Edit: You're right about the final version, though. It'd be nice to see reviews with the final version of the OS loaded. http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/bla...ne-page-82785/ Check that page.
    11-18-08 11:36 AM
    I remember one media type who said that he will be allowed to release his review (of a production unit) Thursday, by his nda. So it does not appear that they are trying to hide anything. Indeed, the cat is really out of the bag with the Vodafone launch last week anyway, although that is not exactly the same hardware we're getting (or the same os for that matter).

Check out Gary Krakow's opinion if you're interested in mainstream opinions, and he isn't exactly a BB fan. Verizon Should Give Away the BlackBerry Storm | Page 1 of 2 | Personal Technology | Financial Articles & Investments News | TheStreet.com

"I've gotten to see a pre-production model in action, last month, and I've got to tell you, the Storm's super-sharp, almost magical touch screen (you will have to try it for yourself to understand) as well as all of its other nifty features should help this phone sell itself."
    11-18-08 11:41 AM
    When the official announcement went out, there were a sh!tload of reviews. Check the CB homepage.

Edit: You're right about the final version, though. It'd be nice to see reviews with the final version of the OS loaded.
    My mistake, especially considering I've read those reviews probably a dozen times and I keep the boards up full-time while I'm at work. I was intending what I said at the end of my previous post, that I wanted a review of the final software.
    11-18-08 11:43 AM
    My mistake, especially considering I've read those reviews probably a dozen times and I keep the boards up full-time while I'm at work. I was intending what I said at the end of my previous post, that I wanted a review of the final software.
    Yeah, I missed that part when I first read your review. Maybe we'll have some new reviews of the shipping version of the OS for Friday morning.
    11-18-08 11:45 AM
    RVGRAHAM-
    I'd already seen that review but thanks. I'm really excited for the phone. I'm gonna pick it up in December, that's when my early upgrade kicks in, plus I'm getting married thsi weekend and leaving for a 2 week honeymoon so I won't have any time to play anyway.

At this point though, the only question I really have is about the screen. I've read literally every comment posted on it but I still can't fully envision it. For some reason, I imagine it being something of a cross between a mouse click and the "pop-a-matic bubble" from the board game trouble. It the screen totally flat? Does the push take anymore effort than say a mouse click or a current blackberry keyboard (I'm using a Pearl btw).
    I can't wait to play with it...I hope I can try one on Friday at some point but I just may have to wait till I get back.
    11-18-08 11:48 AM
    Does the push take anymore effort than say a mouse click or a current blackberry keyboard (I'm using a Pearl btw).
    If I remember correctly, someone mentioned that the click of the screen was very similar to the click of a mouse. I'm too busy to look up the thread, but I swear that was mentioned on here before.
    11-18-08 11:50 AM
    there will never be a final Os rumor has 5.0 is in beta so it will always be something newer and better in the wind

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-18-08 11:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD