Hey all,

I've been reading alot about everybody's game plan for Friday AM, but most locations being mentioned are NOT NYC. For those in Manhattan, what are your thoughts about getting this phone?? I have had zero success with these "lists" that other stores have been making. I have talked to my nearby locations, and they are opening early, but I dont know how excited I am to wait in 2 hour lines...

I just think that NYC is gonna be a whole different situation than the rest of the country...

Let me know what everybody's thinking!

Thx-
    11-17-08 12:37 PM
    im going to be at the verizon store on 14th and union square at 7am, see you guys there..
    11-17-08 12:38 PM
    I'll probably be at the Wall St. location Friday morning.
    11-17-08 12:48 PM
    im going to be at the verizon store on 14th and union square at 7am, see you guys there..

I'm going to check the one on 17th & Broadway sometime that morning. I can't be there when they open cuz I start work at 6am even though I am down the street. I may be able to sneak out for a little bit. I have a deposit at Best Buy Mobile so if I have no luck at VZW, Best Buy is my backup.
    11-17-08 12:51 PM
    I'll probably be at the Wall St. location Friday morning.
    do you think that one would be less crowded? thats where ii usually pay my phone bills at, thats the one on water st. right?
    11-17-08 12:53 PM
    i think you might have a bit of a line at high profile stores, like union square - that's a pretty high traffic area. I'd shoot for an "out of the way" store. my personal favorite is on 5th ave around 19th or 20th or 21st street (i can never remember.) it's not a "small" store, it's just one that most people pass right by without ever knowing it's there.

i also think people are blowing this out of proportion. there's buzz about this phone, but it's not consuming peoples' lives like the iphone did in the weeks before its release. there may be some lines at some stores, but i doubt you'll run into problems getting a storm in your pocket by the end of the weekend.

i'm stuck in contract with my 8330 until next year, but good luck guys!
    11-17-08 12:53 PM
    do you think that one would be less crowded? thats where ii usually pay my phone bills at, thats the one on water st. right?
    Yep. Corner of Water & Wall. No idea if it will be less crowded. It's 2 blocks from my office which is why I'll be heading there.
    11-17-08 12:55 PM
    yeah, I think the best bet is the 5th & 20th- type stores. 41st and 6th will be a disaster...
    11-17-08 01:05 PM
    i think you might have a bit of a line at high profile stores, like union square - that's a pretty high traffic area. I'd shoot for an "out of the way" store. my personal favorite is on 5th ave around 19th or 20th or 21st street (i can never remember.) it's not a "small" store, it's just one that most people pass right by without ever knowing it's there.

i also think people are blowing this out of proportion. there's buzz about this phone, but it's not consuming peoples' lives like the iphone did in the weeks before its release. there may be some lines at some stores, but i doubt you'll run into problems getting a storm in your pocket by the end of the weekend.

i'm stuck in contract with my 8330 until next year, but good luck guys!
    Yeah, this is the store is always use. I hope it won't be too crazy there. Although, it opens at 10am usually, so i assume it will only be open at 9am??
    11-17-08 01:38 PM
    I'm actually going to try the 125th street store, as it's significantly out of the way of normal BlackBerry corporate/business users.
    11-17-08 02:15 PM
    yeah, I think the best bet is the 5th & 20th- type stores. 41st and 6th will be a disaster...
    Darn that's the one i was going to try, I come in through Port Authority so my first stop was going to be to head there of the one 5th and 43rd.

Any other mid-town or upper mid-town options.I was also thinking of just driving pass the clifton NJ store on my way to the bus.
    11-17-08 02:20 PM
    Also does anyone know what time the NY stores are opening. 41st and 6th usually opens at about 7am or 8am regualarly so what time will they be opening for the sale.
    11-17-08 02:23 PM
    I went to a few around midtown and uws and they are not taking any names. It's first come first serve and they have no info on the type of stock their expecting.

Hey msnpitt, i'll be hopefully getting mine in harlem too...plus im sure you've noticed people tend not to travel higher than 96th st hehe...
    Last edited by MichaelMurdock; 11-17-08 at 10:13 PM.
    11-17-08 02:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD