Im new to BB coming over from Palm treo for the last 2 1/2 years.. I wanna know what are some greats apps I can add to the blackberry and what apps you people would be adding
    11-18-08 09:20 PM
    viigo when it comes out and blackberry maps right away.
    11-18-08 09:25 PM
    Now that the storm is here ..well few days away..What Apps will you people add?
    wtf? what do u mean by "you people"?!?

.... us addicts?
    11-18-08 09:28 PM
    Viigo is surely the unanimous choice. also: Google Maps vs. BB Maps. beyond411(if it works). mobile banking ha
    11-18-08 09:54 PM
    Pinota WOOT
    11-18-08 10:07 PM
    Along this note, what are some of the better free apps (I'm a college student)? Better as in more useful, entertaining, ease of use.
    11-18-08 10:48 PM
    im a college student too.. i was hoping for some free apps
    11-18-08 11:06 PM
    In collage here too, hopefully some good productive tools...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-18-08 11:31 PM
    Pinota WOOT
    ...hehe
    11-19-08 01:01 AM
    I want that Shazam program to become available for the Storm.
    11-19-08 01:21 AM
    In collage here too, hopefully some good productive tools...
    Sorry thought that was hilarious. I am in CollEge as well

To the OP, look at my SN, looks like we've got something in common
    11-19-08 01:28 AM
    Peekawho is good for the texters and emailers, Viigo of course as has been posted.
    Google Mobile App, Yahoo One!, Slydial, Crackberry App / Store, Handango InHand, MobiPocket....all based on working with the 4.7 OS

Also looking forward to the releases of the TiVo and SlingPlayer apps...

And I think we have 3 commons now...

B
    M
    W
    Last edited by StealthBMR; 11-19-08 at 01:42 AM.
    11-19-08 01:39 AM
    How do you plan on using software for Slingplayer. Verizon's "fine print" specifically says if you are caught using more than 100-200mb an hour they assume you are streaming video and will cancel your account??

Just curious. I have the Sony LocationFree.

I'll also be addling: Vlingo, Viigo, PeekAWho
    11-19-08 02:41 AM
    How do you plan on using software for Slingplayer. Verizon's "fine print" specifically says if you are caught using more than 100-200mb an hour they assume you are streaming video and will cancel your account??

Just curious. I have the Sony LocationFree.

I'll also be addling: Vlingo, Viigo, PeekAWho
    Thats ridiculous, if your using an APP Made for a Blackberry that requires you to have an UNLIMITED data plan on verizon they can't cancel ur account. thats ridiculous and that stuff pisses me off like WHOA!
    11-19-08 03:13 AM
    Thats ridiculous, if your using an APP Made for a Blackberry that requires you to have an UNLIMITED data plan on verizon they can't cancel ur account. thats ridiculous and that stuff pisses me off like WHOA!
    unlimited doesnt actually mean unlimited either... look at the fine print. I dont agree with it one bit but their rules are their rules.
    11-19-08 03:17 AM
    So officially what apps are out there that are compatible with the Storm? I cant live without my rss feed and Viigo isnt out yet. ???
    11-19-08 03:51 AM
    whats so great about viigo? just a news app.
    11-19-08 04:36 AM
    this is my first blackberry and after seeing the viigo app video i'm getting for sure. and prob and espn one
    11-19-08 04:56 AM
    whats so great about viigo? just a news app.
    You can get any RSS Feed, and the new things they've added are awesome. You can add weather channels, stock channels, live sports update channels, etc. etc. It's very quick too.
    11-19-08 05:26 AM
    Definitely Viigo and Google Maps. Also Slacker, if they ever release it.
    11-19-08 07:26 AM
    hmm.. do you think they'll have software updates for the apps once the Storm is out, which means have gesture shortcuts specifically made for the storm?

I just graduated from college so I love me some free stuff.. here's the list that have helped me a lot..
    1. ePocrates because free updates are the best especially when there's new medications coming out all the time.. this is great for the health care students, don't fall for the trap when they tell you to buy the drug books, it's a rip off, and updates aren't free..
    2. TellMe - it's uses Windows Live Search, it's wonderful, and it finds places around you with a pleasant user interface. it also has some form of voice command..
    3. InstaMapper - i love GPS tracking, i used to have several GPS tracking apps on my curve, until ePocrates ate up my memory and eventually nuked the berry.. but this one allows us to embed a map on a website or blog so our friends can track us.. or in my case find me just in case i go missing after a snowboarding trip.. HAHAHAHA, buddyway is another one that allows us to add notes and photos to our positions..
    4. SimulSays / PhoneTag - i was one of the beta users when it was still free, so I still have the free visual voicemail, i canceled the transcription service.. a long time ago, and kept the free visual voicemail.. i chose this over YouMail because the application is an actual app not like youmail's shortcut to the mobile site.. =\.. for the SimulSays users right now, do you think they'll have one for the storm and honor the free accounts that we have? if not, i'll just completely switch to YouMail. ^__^
    5. Google Maps - who can't live without google maps.. the street view is awesome, albeit a bit creepy but it helps a ton especially when I'm in NYC..
    11-19-08 07:57 AM
    Verizon has VCast Song ID... I don't know if it will be compatible with the storm though
    11-19-08 08:06 AM
    Is there a way for apps not specifically designed for the Storm to work on the Storm or do we have to wait for new versions of these apps to be released specifically made to run on the Storm. I would think this might be a bigger issue due to the touchscreen than it would normally be when a new BB comes out.
    11-19-08 08:33 AM
    Shazam is great, did you know there is a program called MusicID that is the same type of thing (in fact, it says Shazam technology inside or something like that). The problem is they charge $4 a month!?! What the heck, Shazam is nice and free on the iPhone, annoying if you ask me.
    11-19-08 08:59 AM
    Verizon has VCast Song ID... I don't know if it will be compatible with the storm though
    I would say it will be once VCast comes available.

That's one of my favorite VCast downloads and it's free
    11-19-08 09:18 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD