I'm a BB newbie...

The notification lights on my Storm don't appear to be working as they should. How do I get in to the area on the BB where I can see what the settings are? Any ideas for my getting these notification lights to work?

Red - Once I read the email on my desktop, is this light supposed to go out? If so, then this light is working correctly.

Blue - Not sure if this works or not. I don't believe I have seen this light, and my car has Bluetooth.

Green - I have never seen this light work on my Storm yet I do have service, of course.

Amber - This worked during my first charging session but never again.

HELP!

Thanks!!!!
    12-01-08 03:10 PM
    I'm a BB newbie...

The notification lights on my Storm don't appear to be working as they should. How do I get in to the area on the BB where I can see what the settings are? Any ideas for my getting these notification lights to work?

Red - Once I read the email on my desktop, is this light supposed to go out? If so, then this light is working correctly.

Blue - Not sure if this works or not. I don't believe I have seen this light, and my car has Bluetooth.

Green - I have never seen this light work on my Storm yet I do have service, of course.

Amber - This worked during my first charging session but never again.

HELP!

Thanks!!!!

The red only blinks when something new comes and then goes away after you have addressed it.

Don't know about the blue.

Green - lets you know its in service. It is disabled when you got the phone I'm assuming because most people don't want to look at a blinking phone all day.

Amber - I believe this only blinks when charging if the BB is completely turned off. Otherwise it wont blink when charging.
    12-01-08 03:16 PM
    there are definitely a lot of bugs with the LED indicator lights... mine is a damned mess.

we need another update that addresses all of these little glitches.
    12-01-08 03:19 PM
    the blue light will only blink when the phone is paired with another bluetooth device (ie headset). This too can be shut off you have to verify that you have the LED indicator set to on in the bluetooth options
    12-01-08 03:21 PM
    I also just remembered that the yellow light blinks when the battery is low...

If you want the phone to blink GREEN ALL DAY LONG when you are in service (very annoying) go to Options>>Screen/Keyboard>>LED Coverage Indicator>>and turn it to "On"

Trust me you won't want it after about 20 minutes.
    12-01-08 03:25 PM
    Where are the phone are these lights controlled? Thanks!!!
    12-01-08 03:25 PM
    We must have posted at the same time but read my previous post to see how to get there.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-01-08 04:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD