Ok i have the bb storm 9530 with the v4.7.0.75 os i have a total of 6 themes installed on my storm that includes the preinstalled theme that came with it. I notice alot of lag with my storm want to know why, could it be the themes i have installed or the os. I'm thinking about doing this 1st backing up my stuff for my storm then do a complete restore to see if it makes a difference for my lag issue. Has anyone encounter this before. Should i do a restore on my storm
    04-04-09 10:27 AM
    Ok i have the bb storm 9530 with the v4.7.0.75 os i have a total of 6 themes installed on my storm that includes the preinstalled theme that came with it. I notice alot of lag with my storm want to know why, could it be the themes i have installed or the os. I'm thinking about doing this 1st backing up my stuff for my storm then do a complete restore to see if it makes a difference for my lag issue. Has anyone encounter this before. Should i do a restore on my storm
    it's the themes 6 is a lot I usually keep about 3 total on my storm two downloaded and the default. I find that most themes have memory leaks so the two I have seem to have the least amount of leak. Hope this helps
    04-04-09 10:31 AM
    thanks for the info
    04-04-09 10:45 AM
    thanks for the info
    No problem..Back up your theme and delete all of them except you two favorite ones and see if that helps. You can always restore the other later if you want.
    04-04-09 10:47 AM
    I got it. I'll try to do that then.
    04-04-09 11:14 AM
    I have read in other posts that this is a common problem...most people just limit it down the one to three favorites and change them out off their computer as wanted...it would be nice if BB would fix this...whats the point in haveing a phone with so much space if the more you use the slower the phone works...

Ive also read that it will help the bog down slow speed if you shut off your BB and remove the battery after you change themes.
    04-04-09 03:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD