****DISCLAIMER**** All this information is and should be correct, however due to me not having the device I can not comment as to it's actual real world practice, this is coming straight from our internal equipment information. This information is not going to tell you anything magnificent about the phone, just a few of the basic features and what they contain**

Camera - Default flash setting, white balance, picture size (640 x 480 up to 2048 x 1536), Picture quality (Normal, fine, Super Fine), ViewFinder Mode (normal or Full screen) Color, Geotagging, Store Pictures, and Folder.

Nothing major new but a few cool adds.

Not sure if my pearl does it never checked but Video Camera has a Color Effect now (Sepia, black and white and normal), the rest is just regular video formats.

Under display settings and screen/keyboard there is Key Rate... not sure what that is, also Keyboard Layout. And three seperate menu options Menu Style, Short menu, Full Menu... that may only be two.

Take from this what you will....

Touchscreen Sensitivity - Tap Interval, Hover Period, and Swipe Sensitivity. No explanation, just those are the options.
    10-02-08 10:51 AM
    Geotagging.

Dare we think that the GPS will not be locked down????
    10-02-08 10:55 AM
    I honestly have no idea wtf geotagging is, . But it sounds fancy!
    10-02-08 10:58 AM
    Adding geographic data to an image or street address. Such data includes latitude and longitude, although altitude and bearing (distance from North) may be included.
    hope this helps
    10-02-08 11:01 AM
    Geotagging adds a field to the picture properties that gives Lat/Long of where the picture was taken.

Geotagging - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    10-02-08 11:01 AM
    Geotagging is a nice feature (assuming as bear8me said GPS isn't locked) giving you the ability to attach location info to a photo taken.
    10-02-08 11:03 AM
    Not sure if my pearl does it never checked but Video Camera has a Color Effect now (Sepia, black and white and normal),
    I just checked. My Pearl has those options.
    10-02-08 11:04 AM
    Haha I'm to lazy to type in my password to check honestly!

That does give a good indication to potential GPS unlock, though I think it was somewhat confirmed. Hopefully I will be able to get more information in the next few days, they seem to be filling in the gaps.

Also ofcourse we knew this but it is Vcast music with rhapsody capable for sure, and you can edit playlists etc while in like we would assume, just another bone to throw out, not much, but better than nothing.
    10-02-08 11:15 AM
    If anyone can comment on this, these are my curiousities, I can speculate all I want but i'd like official word if possible.

Touchscreen Sensitivity - Tap Interval, Hover Period, and Swipe Sensitivity. No explanation, just those are the options.

and also that key rate thing as well, what in the blue bloody peaches is that? Under display settings or whatever
    10-02-08 11:18 AM
    If anyone can comment on this, these are my curiousities, I can speculate all I want but i'd like official word if possible.

and also that key rate thing as well, what in the blue bloody peaches is that? Under display settings or whatever
    one of kevin byrne's pic posts of the menus showed the touchscreen sensitivity options, but that's about all we know also.
    10-02-08 11:35 AM
    But i didn't see anything that says you can stop the "pressing" of a screen, wondering how any of those would effect it.
    10-02-08 11:48 AM
    Tap interval could be referring to how fast one can type on the screen between "clicks"

Hover period could probably mean how long the letter will hover when your finger is touching the "buttons" before auto select or deselecting. Maybe try and detect false touches.

and Swipe could mean how fast the scrolling speed is

Just speculation though
    10-02-08 12:02 PM
    Yeah asian those are kind of what I was gearing towards, was hoping crucial or kb or someone with official information could chime in,
    10-02-08 12:04 PM
    Yea...just wanted to get the idea out just in case anyone who is new to reading up on this finds it and can see the answer to their question before asking

but yea maybe CX or KB could drop some hints *wink wink* hehe
    10-02-08 12:13 PM
    That does give a good indication to potential GPS unlock, though I think it was somewhat confirmed.
    I believe I remember reading somewhere in these forums that...
    standalone GPS = unlocked
    aGPS = locked down to VZ Nav

I'm not certain but that's what I remember reading.
    10-02-08 01:12 PM
    it makes sense that aGPS would be locked down because in aGPS the GPS is assisted by cell towers which receive signals from your phone. these signals are then processed by a server, which i presume would be owned by verizon, in order to narrow down which cell zone you're in through triangulation. this info is then relayed back to the cell phone to help the GPS. since sending these singals require bandwidth, and also since the cell towers belong to verizon, it makes sense that it costs them some money to upkeep this system.

however, i would much prefer that they provide this service for free (since we're already paying so much for the plans!!!)
    10-02-08 01:39 PM
    Just adding this to the mix. I have been reading all the instructions to perform all the tasks. Here is an example

From the main screen, press Blackberry Key
    Tap Options to hightlight and press screen to select.
    Tap Language to hightlight and press screen to select
    Adjusted as needed.
    Press Blackberry key.
    Tap Save to hightlight and press screen to select

Now atleast we know pressing the screen seems to be in every function, however it says "tap" screen, so that indicates to me since it says "Press" screen, that you dont only have to hover. Meaning potentially an option to only use tap as an input method, though I didn't see that in a feature list.

Atleast it indicates a potential possibility!
    10-02-08 01:57 PM
    it makes sense that aGPS would be locked down because in aGPS the GPS is assisted by cell towers which receive signals from your phone. these signals are then processed by a server, which i presume would be owned by verizon, in order to narrow down which cell zone you're in through triangulation. this info is then relayed back to the cell phone to help the GPS. since sending these singals require bandwidth, and also since the cell towers belong to verizon, it makes sense that it costs them some money to upkeep this system.

however, i would much prefer that they provide this service for free (since we're already paying so much for the plans!!!)
    I think Verizon has to upkeep their aGPS infrastructure regardless since it is used for the, mandated by FCC, E911 system.
    10-02-08 02:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD