Just received a Blackberry Storm, and I have to say that I'm disappointed. I find the messaging quite complicated (I constantly mistype things, the keyboard pops out of nowhere), and the browsing even worse. This might all be fixed with new software that'll eventually come out, but for now, I'm going back to the Bold. As a user who uses messaging a lot, I don't see how you could like the Storm, unless your fingers are chopsticks.
    Last edited by Gogi; 11-26-08 at 03:02 AM.
    11-26-08 02:45 AM
    Wow its people like you that make me sick.... it takes a good three days to get used to it. Its amazing .. and if you think the browser is no good you got issues..... and the new os is out in 5 days ....
    11-26-08 02:47 AM
    you know i felt like that when i first go the storm also. the typing issue was driving me crazy. so maybe u just need to keep using it. i have tried lots of touch screen phones and i hated typing on all of them. but i gave this a try because its a bb. im getting better everyday.
    11-26-08 02:53 AM
    Once Again! If U Are Gonna Be Complaining Dont Buy **** When Its Released. Wait It Out And Try It And Test It Later After All The Bugs Are Worked Out. By Being One Of The 1st To Get It You Should Expect To Go Through Issues
    11-26-08 02:57 AM
    Wow its people like you that make me sick.... it takes a good three days to get used to it. Its amazing .. and if you think the browser is no good you got issues..... and the new os is out in 5 days ....
    Why so defensive ? Is everyone supposed to sing praises towards the Storm ? I guess everyone who criticizes the Storm makes you sick, and in that case you'll be sick a lot
    11-26-08 03:04 AM
    you know i felt like that when i first go the storm also. the typing issue was driving me crazy. so maybe u just need to keep using it. i have tried lots of touch screen phones and i hated typing on all of them. but i gave this a try because its a bb. im getting better everyday.
    Thanks, I guess that re-assures me a bit ... I hope I feel the same way after a few days
    11-26-08 03:05 AM
    I have to agree. Coming from a physical keyboard to a touch screen is veeeeery different. I am liking it more and more with each day, though. My suggestion with the QWERTY keyboard is notice the "division" space between the two sides. DON'T use the opposite hand to press opposite side's letters. When you use your left hand to press letters on the right side (and vice versa) you almost ALWAYS make an error. Now that I'm "training" my hands to stay on their own sides (lol) I'm typing much more mistake-free and faster, too.
    11-26-08 03:09 AM
    why complain after less than 24 hours of use? Look at Kevin's write up for the round robin and how he forced himself to use the treo to get used to it and in time he did. i say 2 days and you'll be in like 5 and you'll be on the verge of love, and after 1 week you won't be able to live without it (you have to keep in mind that any problems that are obvious software ones, will be fixed in due time).
    11-26-08 03:11 AM
    Why so defensive ? Is everyone supposed to sing praises towards the Storm ? I guess everyone who criticizes the Storm makes you sick, and in that case you'll be sick a lot
    its not that your criticing it , its the fact you havent given it a chance.. you should see the number of post that start I HATE IT , OR DISSAPOINTED , same person 2/3 days later .. I LOVE IT CANT LIVE WITHOUT IT ...
    11-26-08 03:21 AM
    GOGI - now you're talking! I'm going back to my BOLD too. There is no comparion, whatsoever, none, nada, zero, zip! What was I thinking?????????
    11-26-08 06:18 PM
    GOGI - now you're talking! I'm going back to my BOLD too. There is no comparion, whatsoever, none, nada, zero, zip! What was I thinking?????????
    There is no comparison, you're right:

The Storm blows away the Bold. I've now convinced 3 of my good friends to switch from the Bold to the Storm, simply by giving them my phone for an hour or so.
    11-26-08 06:21 PM
    he's probably more pissed that you started a new thread haha

11-26-08 06:23 PM
    Imo, it really is unfair to pass judgement after only a few hours of use. Try using it for a few days, and then if you are still disappointed, that will be a fair assessment.
    11-26-08 06:33 PM
    I played with my brothers for a little while today and while I liked it a lot, I don't think I like it enough to get me to switch carriers for it. At least I can always just start messing with his haha.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-26-08 06:38 PM
    Why wouldn't you try it in the store first? You should have known then it was not to your liking.
    11-26-08 06:42 PM
    It has been said many times and many ways in lots of threads. Give it a good test a day or two. Then you like it or you don't. Thats why there is freedom of choice. We are not all the same, thats why there are different phones for different folks. We dont all wear blue shirts all the time and we all dont drive the same cars. People like different thing and everyone needs to make there best choice.
    11-26-08 06:59 PM
    I think one of the things I kept doing when I got my storm was continue using the bold every so often. This did not help with being able to use the keyboard. I've said this on a few threads, exclusively use the storm and if you have other phones to hand then lock them away for now.

It took me a good 3 - 5 days to start appreciating the good points of the storm. Its no bold, but that lovely screen only belongs to the storm.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-26-08 07:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD