I have noticed I am not getting E-Mails if they have attachments,text or pictures! Anyone else having problems???

I have the Storm1, and use Hotmail, and 5.0. I know with 4.7 this was never a problem. Anyone?
    Last edited by white water; 11-28-09 at 10:13 PM.
    11-28-09 09:28 PM
    My wife doesn't get email attachments. She still gets the email, just can't download the attachment. This has been the case ever since she got her 8330, and we're chalked it up to the fact that she has a message only plan with no internet browsing.
    11-28-09 09:55 PM
    I have noticed I am not getting E-Mails if they have attachments,text or pictures! Anyone else having problems???

I have the Storm1, and use Hotmail, and 5.0. I know with 4.7 this was never a problem. Anyone?
    The thing that could be causing this is that you might have the firewall turned on BIS. I did that once and i wouldnt recieve emails that had any sort of attachments only emails that have text on it.
    11-28-09 11:09 PM
    The thing that could be causing this is that you might have the firewall turned on BIS. I did that once and i wouldnt recieve emails that had any sort of attachments only emails that have text on it.
    So should I turn my firewall off? Or??? Not sure I want to do that?
    11-28-09 11:19 PM
    So should I turn my firewall off? Or??? Not sure I want to do that?
    yeah you should turn it off. otherwise you wont be getting those emails with attachments.
    11-28-09 11:22 PM
    yeah you should turn it off. otherwise you wont be getting those emails with attachments.

OK, I will try that. Will I be compromising my security at all? Seems like a firewall is a good thing to have.
    11-28-09 11:30 PM
    Ok, I turned off my firewall and re sent a e-mail with an attachment and still doesn't come through. Any other thoughts???
    11-29-09 12:06 AM
    Do you have the attachment service cod file installed on the blackberry?
    11-29-09 06:04 AM
    Do you have the attachment service cod file installed on the blackberry?
    Im not sure? How do I check?
    11-29-09 11:12 AM
    I was almost positive that was what was going on, but guess not. Sorry. I was just using my past experience knowledge.
    11-29-09 11:26 AM
    I was almost positive that was what was going on, but guess not. Sorry. I was just using my past experience knowledge.
    Thanks for trying...
    11-29-09 11:51 AM
    Ok, now I just went in to check my E-mail on my pc, and I had 7 e-mails that did not get pushed to my Storm. If anyone has any suggestions please chime in. I am logged in on my setup and everything should be coming through, I cant figure it out?
    11-29-09 10:29 PM
    Look under your Applications listing on your device and see if Attachment Service is listed. If not, you botched an OS load that you recently did and didn't install the attachment service.

Also, how big are the attachments? Be aware that you're limited to the size of these attachments.
    11-29-09 10:56 PM
    I looked at my core applications and under 5.0 system software and it says I have what is (net_rim_bb_attachment(, so i assume I have it. About ten minutes ago all 12 regular e-mails came through fine, all at once though and up to 7 hours late, so there must have been a glitch. But still no e-mails with attachments. The attachment size ranges from .25mb to 2.5mb, which i know I cant open the big ones, but they used to show up anyway to let me know?
    11-29-09 11:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD