The Blackberry Storm is my first blackberry, although I'm not a first time smartphone user. Before purchasing the Storm I used the (very underated) Samsung i760 for a little over a year.

Over the past few years i've found myself to go after phones with a little bulk and also a large screen display (before the i760 I had the LG "V"). I looooooooooove my Blackberry Storm, and wouldn't trade it for any other phone in the world, but I wonder...in the future...if i'd ever be able to switch to a physical keyboard Blackberry...soley due to the downgrade in screen size. Just don't know if I could do it after being spoiled with this Storm screen the past few months. lol.

Anyone else pondered on this?
    04-13-09 02:17 PM
    I love the big screen too.
    04-13-09 02:21 PM
    IMO physical keyboards are overrated. Not worth the real estate at all
    04-13-09 02:27 PM
    Yea, I enjoy the touchscreen and can text and email away at rapid speeds using Suretype. lol. Looking forward to trying out the QWERTY keyboard on OS .113 tho. As cool as I think the trackball is, nothing beats the quick navigation on a touch screen phone. Gotta love it.
    04-13-09 02:36 PM
    What he said!
    04-13-09 02:36 PM
    typing in landscape on my storm feels very similar to using an enV or voyager. when i first got it that was my first impression, its like having the bberry OS on an enV!!!!
    04-13-09 02:37 PM
    Cant do the landscape thing. I stick to portrait suretype.
    04-13-09 02:56 PM
    The large screen is the main reason I purchased it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-13-09 03:39 PM
    The Blackberry Storm is my first blackberry, although I'm not a first time smartphone user. Before purchasing the Storm I used the (very underated) Samsung i760 for a little over a year.

Over the past few years i've found myself to go after phones with a little bulk and also a large screen display (before the i760 I had the LG "V"). I looooooooooove my Blackberry Storm, and wouldn't trade it for any other phone in the world, but I wonder...in the future...if i'd ever be able to switch to a physical keyboard Blackberry...soley due to the downgrade in screen size. Just don't know if I could do it after being spoiled with this Storm screen the past few months. lol.

Have pondered this many times. I also started with the V as my first phone on VZW. Then moved to the Treo 755p(I know, I know. What the **** was I thinking), now I have the Storm and love it. Will never go back to another phone period. BB way for LIFE!!
    04-13-09 03:51 PM

I also came from an i760, and would not go back. I love the large screen on the Storm. And navigating around the i760 was usually a hassle, with the tiny selection buttons ect. I use my Storm for media, and would not trade screen size for a physical keyboard.
    04-13-09 03:59 PM
    I would like to see a slider Storm that slides to reveal a keyboard... i think that device would pwn all!
    04-13-09 04:21 PM
    Yea I came from an i760 too and I love my storm as well. I cant imagine switching to another phone without a screen as nice as this one.

04-13-09 04:37 PM
    I love how overrated a big screen is. The sh*tty performance is just a tad bit more important than the stupid screen.

04-13-09 04:39 PM
    I love how overrated a big screen is. The sh*tty performance is just a tad bit more important than the stupid screen.

Don't know why you always beat around the bush, Jeff. You should just tell us all how you really feel for once.

For the record, i'm completely spoiled by the large screen. I'm unsure if I can go back

04-13-09 04:50 PM
    I used a friend's Curve a few weeks ago for 5 minutes and I kept swiping my finger over the glass to move stuff around... it was just instinctive

There's so much media being delivered over the internet now that the large high quality screen is a huge asset in ANY phone (Storm, Pre or Jesus - it matters not).

I, also, could not switch back to a device with a smaller screen
    04-13-09 04:59 PM
    Don't know why you always beat around the bush, Jeff. You should just tell us all how you really feel for once.

For the record, i'm completely spoiled by the large screen. I'm unsure if I can go back

The big screen never grew on me. I never missed it, nor do I wish I had it. Was it nice? It was alright.

I'm getting more done without it, though. But I still say sh*tty performance outweighs the screen by a big margin.
    04-13-09 05:40 PM
    i love the blackberry functionality and multi-tasking, but the media is the kicker for me. the large screen trumps any other media enabled device on the market, and multi-tasking combined with that just sweetens the pot!
    04-13-09 05:52 PM
    The 9630 looks appealing but the benefits of the larger screen of the storm is irreplaceable

04-13-09 05:55 PM
    The big screen never grew on me. I never missed it, nor do I wish I had it. Was it nice? It was alright.

I'm getting more done without it, though. But I still say sh*tty performance outweighs the screen by a big margin.
    Glad to hear YOU'RE getting more done... But quite frankly to each his own. Maybe if you weren't constantly trying to voice you're negativity, you'd probably get even more done.

04-13-09 05:59 PM
    Glad to hear YOU'RE getting more done... But quite frankly to each his own. Maybe if you weren't constantly trying to voice you're negativity, you'd probably get even more done.

Thank you...thank you...thank you. lol. Why the negativity? I really dont get it. Maybe I got lucky and got one of the "good" Storms out of the batch, but my phone has performed quite well over the past 3 months! Best phone I've ever had (I had to replace "The V" 2 times under warranty, and had to replace the i760 once under warranty). I constantly say this, but I really wouldnt trade it for ANY other phone right now...Iphone included.

And I totally agree with the person's statement on how appealing the 9630 is. It looks like its gonna be a really nice phone, and is a harbinger of nice phones to come from Blackberry, its just hard to believe i'd ever be able to part ways with this large screen. lol. Never owned a trackball device tho...i guess that's why I ponder on this at all. I'm constantly intriiiiiiiiigued

That would be a hott name for a new blackberry too: the Blackberry Intrigue!

YOU HEARD IT FIRST HERE. haha
    04-14-09 08:49 AM
    No way I can go back to a physical keyboard if its going to compromise screen space. I'm afraid of the apparatus I would need to watch the DVDs I've been putting on my Storm on a regular screen. And making the Storm a slider would only make the phone thicker and heavier than it already is, so no go for me. Besides, putting that sliding keyboard means you're only going to have the option of typing in portrait or landscape mode with the keyboard. I like options.
    04-14-09 09:59 AM
    i think that you could get use to it, but it will just take some time.
    but i would stick with the storm.
    04-14-09 11:24 AM
    I love the large screen on the storm! My Girlfriend has the Curve and I hate using her phone to do anything that has to do with viewing any web pages or maps. Ive had other touch screen phones and the storm is far superior in my opinion.
    04-14-09 11:31 AM
    I have to agree! I love the size of the screen on the Storm. I've had the iPhone (1st gen) and the G1 before the Storm and everytime I left those devices to go back to my BB Pearl, it was so hard! Now, I know I couldn't go back. And, so far, my Storm is working well so I won't have to.
    04-14-09 11:45 AM
    Yeah you keep telling yourself that with your stale boring curve

04-14-09 11:46 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD