I was wondering if anyone knows if its possible to up the application memory? Everytime I'm on here I see another cool app that I would like to get but I'm not sure if I have enough memory to get it. Is it possible to save apps anywhere else besides the app memory. Whats the point of having a 8gb sim if I cant put stuff on it. Also, what program(s) do I need to install movies, music, photos on my storm. It came with a media program disc that I loaded on my laptop. When it was installed it said it would not work with my storm. I'm confused at this point. Any help would be awesome. Jon
    P.S. I am not technically savy so try to keep it to layman's terms.
    04-20-09 03:17 PM
    You do not need any program to drag and drop movies pictures etc....

There is a app called Arezie or something that allows you to store apps on your card, then load when needed.

Click the link in my sig to help you free up memory
    04-20-09 03:22 PM
    I was wondering if anyone knows if its possible to up the application memory? Everytime I'm on here I see another cool app that I would like to get but I'm not sure if I have enough memory to get it. Is it possible to save apps anywhere else besides the app memory. Whats the point of having a 8gb sim if I cant put stuff on it. Also, what program(s) do I need to install movies, music, photos on my storm. It came with a media program disc that I loaded on my laptop. When it was installed it said it would not work with my storm. I'm confused at this point. Any help would be awesome. Jon
    P.S. I am not technically savy so try to keep it to layman's terms.
    Cant answer the second question for you, but I can easily answer the first. It sucks, but no. No other place to save apps. Best you can do is get rid of the apps that you dont really use, and the one's that aren't really neccesary and take up a chunk of ur space. You can also go into your desktop manager and delete the "East Asian Characters" thingy. That takes up a good amount of space, and (i guess unless you plan on texting in any Asian language) isnt really a neccessity.

In all cases, I'd reccommend deleting your apps through desktop manager. That way, if you ever want the app back, you can easily go right back there and reinstall it. Hope this helps...
    04-20-09 03:23 PM
    You have 1gb of application memory. This shouldn't be confused with the phone's RAM they are unrelated. I have a lot of apps installed and have 869.6mb free out of 879.2. This can be found under Settings -> Options -> Memory -> Device Memory. Install away my friend!!
    04-20-09 03:24 PM
    you cant up app memory, you can save apps to your sd card but you cant run them you have to install and uninstall them.
    04-20-09 03:24 PM
    You have 1gb of application memory. This shouldn't be confused with the phone's RAM they are unrelated. I have a lot of apps installed and have 869.6mb free out of 879.2. This can be found under Settings -> Options -> Memory -> Device Memory. Install away my friend!!
    haha. Noooooooooo, DO NOT install away my friend. You have much more than 1gb of app memory (should be somewhere in the 50's in the beggining I think). And that 869.6 mb of memory that bencurry has free is his device memory. There's a difference. Your apps are not saved on your device memory; they're saved in your application memory.

Might wanna recheck your "Application Memory" bencurry. It may break ur heart a lil bruh (considering I understood ur post correctly)
    04-20-09 03:35 PM
    haha. Noooooooooo, DO NOT install away my friend. You have much more than 1gb of app memory (should be somewhere in the 50's in the beggining I think). And that 869.6 mb of memory that bencurry has free is his device memory. There's a difference. Your apps are not saved on your device memory; they're saved in your application memory.

Might wanna recheck your "Application Memory" bencurry. It may break ur heart a lil bruh
    AAAAHHHH! Typo! MUCH LESS THAN 1 GIG OF APP MEMORY. More like 128 MB.
    04-20-09 03:37 PM
    AAAAHHHH! Typo! MUCH LESS THAN 1 GIG OF APP MEMORY. More like 128 MB.
    haha. Thanks for catching that for me. I was on a roll there
    04-20-09 03:41 PM
    haha. Thanks for catching that for me. I was on a roll there
    Just glad I could catch it before people started cyber-beating you over the head.
    04-20-09 03:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD