All this silence must mean they are cracking down. Bummer.
    10-01-08 06:06 PM
    Big time bummer I was hoping for some good news like a price or a date!
    10-01-08 06:10 PM
    Eh? I am confused.
    10-01-08 06:20 PM
    Eh? I am confused.
    WTF? I am even more confused...
    10-01-08 06:21 PM
    what the **** are you talking about i sure did get another update
    10-01-08 06:30 PM
    what the **** are you talking about i sure did get another update
    And the update was?
    10-01-08 06:31 PM
    WTF? I am even more confused...
    Okay, so we are both definitely confused now. However, it must be some secret T Mobile talk or something. All the T Mobile folk here seem to know what is going on. Weird stuff.
    10-01-08 06:32 PM
    Like we are not gonna find out about it, come on...
    10-01-08 06:35 PM
    Like we are not gonna find out about it, come on...
    Indeed, but they are not going to make it easy on us apparently.
    10-01-08 06:41 PM
    You guys really dont get what he is saying? He means no more leaks and that VZW must have really cracked down on employees.
    10-01-08 06:50 PM
    You guys really dont get what he is saying? He means no more leaks and that VZW must have really cracked down on employees.
    Really? That's it. I feel so cheated now.
    10-01-08 06:52 PM
    Wasn't part of this marketing campaign supposed to be released to the public? I mean what was the point of signing up for email updates?
    10-01-08 06:54 PM
    pffft. I have alot more reliable sources to go to than this guy...
    10-01-08 06:54 PM
    Yeah, I like how in the initial VZW Storm email it says, "Keep an eye on your inbox, as we�ll be sending you regular updates on the launch of the BlackBerry Storm 9530 smartphone, so you can be among the first to get your hands on this innovative touch device."

... Yeah, tons of updates so far.
    10-01-08 06:56 PM
    Mods over at HoFo closed the Storm thread, so I started looking over here. I read in another thread here that the Storm will be using Qualcomm MSM7600 RISC Chipset. I don't think that was ever mentioned in the Storm thread on HoFo so that's news to me. Unless of course this is the GOBI chipset everyone's been yammering about.

Maybe the possible Oct 9th RIM/VZW announcement was the leak of the day. I don't know.

I'm really excited about this phone and I can't wait for it to come out. My NE2's been burning a hole in my pocket since mid July.
    10-01-08 06:57 PM
    pffft. I have alot more reliable sources to go to than this guy...
    Yeah, I am so over it now.
    10-01-08 06:58 PM
    Yeah, I like how in the initial VZW Storm email it says, "Keep an eye on your inbox, as we�ll be sending you regular updates on the launch of the BlackBerry Storm 9530 smartphone, so you can be among the first to get your hands on this innovative touch device."

... Yeah, tons of updates so far.
    It's almost like, too much. All this info coming at once is a system overload for sure.
    10-01-08 07:23 PM
    Mods over at HoFo closed the Storm thread, so I started looking over here...
    its like a drug. i noticed the mods closed that thread also, so i ventured over here. its like a drug!!

so childish on how hofo gets. and closing a thread....
    10-01-08 07:33 PM
    *sigh*

Guess I was unproductive at work for nothing...... time to go home and smoke.
    10-01-08 07:59 PM
    Wasn't part of this marketing campaign supposed to be released to the public? I mean what was the point of signing up for email updates?
    Thats just verizons way of keeping a buzz so they can still keep tabs on the iphone. If they put everything out on front street, knowing apple, they'll release an entire NEW iphone the following week. Look at the Ipods, the longevity of those things is MAXIMUM 6 months.
    10-01-08 07:59 PM
    I am in the middle of porting 4 lines from AT&T. Horrible Service,although a few at Cust Svc have been helpful.

I have researched all I can about VZW and the New BB9530.

I decided to port to VZW and all of you have helped - However, I don't want to buy a BB or a Dare, just to miss the best launch of a product in a while.

I spoke to many people at VZW and none will share any info. You all see more here than what they will say....They must be cracking down.......

However, I explained the circumstance of not wanting to buy a phone, wait 30 days, and if the Storm is not out by then I would be stuck! Right?

I was told that I would not have to wait 30 days for the Storm!
    "No Problem" she told me......"It won't be that long....that's all I can say"

Hope I have brought a little light to the end of the tunnel.

Have a Great Night!
    10-01-08 08:23 PM
    Within 30 days... I would love to believe that...
    10-01-08 08:38 PM
    Phone should be available for "early" order week 4 of this month
    10-01-08 08:48 PM
    I think verizon knows how big of a hit this phone will be, so them(verizonz) not sending out updates means 2 things. One, they are well aware of sites like this and they are just letting us build a market for them or two, there not ready to release it. Might be some sort of issues, wether it OS, app store, or something with RIM. We will not know untill they tell us. Or it gets leaked by a very sneaky employee.
    10-01-08 08:54 PM
    "It won't be that long....that's all I can say"
    You know I certainly hope not. Otherwise I'm going to have to send out a big W T F to Verizon. I've been waiting for something to compete with the iPhone (only on Verizon) since... well... since the iPhone came out. I'm sure a LOT of you are with me on this.

I hope it's worth the wait.
    10-01-08 08:59 PM
54 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD