I just upgraded to OS .148 and i love everything about it. the only thing i've noticed is that my sms icon seems to have been deleted and i dont know how to get it back... little help here?
    06-20-09 05:03 PM
    Have you tried a battery pull?
    06-20-09 05:22 PM
    either do what amavit suggested above ^^^^ or;

application screen (16 icon-screen) > bbmenu > show all > look through ALL folders
    06-20-09 05:27 PM
    yep, me too... no SMS icon. Another POS operating system from RIM for a lackluster device that is being replaced just 9 months after release...
    06-20-09 05:39 PM
    I tried a battery pull but nothing happened. I don't know what else to do

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-20-09 06:18 PM
    Did you try what driftdevil said? Try making all icons visible and see if it got hidden or something along those lines.
    06-20-09 06:34 PM
    Check if your messages folder and sms folder are combined. Maybe the SMS folder is hidden.

06-20-09 08:18 PM
    I tried a battery pull but nothing happened. I don't know what else to do

Here is what I have done when that has happened. first after the update do a battery pull which you did. second get into the messages folder, hit the blackberry button, select "options", then select "general options" and scroll down and look for "SMS and Email Inboxes" then pick the drop down menu next to it and select "separate" option. That should do it. If for some reason that doesn't fix it try looking in all available folders, sometimes doing changes in themes can move things to funny places. Hope this works for you.

Personally I like to keep my messages folder combined into one makes it easier to see all messages instead of having to go to different folders. If you keep them combined it is real simple to send sms, mms, and pin messages from within the message folder.
    06-20-09 08:50 PM
    Here is what I have done when that has happened. first after the update do a battery pull which you did. second get into the messages folder, hit the blackberry button, select "options", then select "general options" and scroll down and look for "SMS and Email Inboxes" then pick the drop down menu next to it and select "separate" option. That should do it. If for some reason that doesn't fix it try looking in all available folders, sometimes doing changes in themes can move things to funny places. Hope this works for you.

Personally I like to keep my messages folder combined into one makes it easier to see all messages instead of having to go to different folders. If you keep them combined it is real simple to send sms, mms, and pin messages from within the message folder.
    U r awesome that was the problem it was set to theme controlled so I separated it and it worked. Thank you

06-20-09 10:30 PM

I like to keep them separate for some odd reason.

06-20-09 10:32 PM

My first thought was to separate them. Lol

06-21-09 01:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD