I am confused, I keep hearing people waiting for their Storm.
    Is there really a short supply?

I ask because I am returning my Storm ( too many bugs are starting to show) and Verizon said they would replace it. They don't have any in the store so they ordered on e for me today. I already got the tracking number and it was picked up by Fedex today and will be delivered on Monday AM.

How come people are having to wait so long when CS can just ship one out right away?

I hope I am not getting someone else's return.
    11-28-08 09:10 PM
    I def would like to know the answer to this question as well
    11-28-08 09:12 PM
    I wwas just at the local Best Buy talking to the mobile guys they do not have any and are not sure when they are going to get more in FWIW

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-28-08 09:24 PM
    I am confused, I keep hearing people waiting for their Storm.
    Is there really a short supply?

I ask because I am returning my Storm ( too many bugs are starting to show) and Verizon said they would replace it. They don't have any in the store so they ordered on e for me today. I already got the tracking number and it was picked up by Fedex today and will be delivered on Monday AM.

How come people are having to wait so long when CS can just ship one out right away?

I hope I am not getting someone else's return.
    It may be similar to what Apple did when the iPhone 3G came out. Most stores were on allocation quantities but almost every store had replacement units that were packaged as a device only with nothing else. They know some units will have failures that need to be replaced and therefore try to make some available. However, I would expect that after about 8 weeks they'll have refurbished units for those purposes and none of us want that!
    11-28-08 09:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD