I just picked up a storm the other day at Best Buy after trying the omnia for one day(it was awful). Anyways, there is no ringtone (Sound) for any incoming calls. The profiles are set correctly, volumes is up, etc. I've had several blackberries, but never had this problem. When I got the phone it had .65 on it and I upgraded to the verizon .75.

Any clues? Thanks in advance...
    12-12-08 03:38 PM
    Try clicking on the Speaker icon just beneath the battery indicator just to check which sound profile is active, otherwise try switching off and removing the battery to make the phone reboot completely.
    12-12-08 03:54 PM
    Did you accidentally press the mute button (located at the very tip top point of the device)?
    12-12-08 03:55 PM
    i hope your speaker didnt break lol that happened to my 8703e and the ringer/speaker phone broke but i could still hear calls. check if speaker phone works??
    12-12-08 04:07 PM
    profiles are fine, and no mute. I set a specific ringtone for my wife and used her phone to call me and it worked. Not sure whats happening, but thanks for the help.
    12-12-08 04:10 PM
    My husband and I both have had this problem...very annoying! So I we called verizon...I immediatly felt like an ***** because she walked us through the menus to change our ringtones and the volume...DUH I already know how to do that. Battery pulled....DONE. Sure we can both hear the incoming calls once we do a battery pull and let the phone reboot...but come on...how many battery pulls must one do in a day?
    12-17-08 10:22 AM
    just had the same speaker/ring tone problem and followed ur suggestions about the battery pull. worked. and it makes sense. i just did some program updates - it's common to do a complete reboot on any computer when u do some major program updates. thanks!
    12-24-08 02:43 AM
    profiles are fine, and no mute. I set a specific ringtone for my wife and used her phone to call me and it worked. Not sure whats happening, but thanks for the help.

I have set up custom ring tones and experience the same thing since day one(Nov 26). I have since removed custom ring tone profiles until the newest software update comes out to see if that fixed it.
    12-24-08 05:02 AM
    just FYI..I had one contact calling me and I got only incoming call on home screen and no sound...deleted contact and that fixed it...so guessing something in contact info was corrupted....very interesting...Happy Holidays!!!
    12-24-08 10:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD